Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Central PA thread

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recall Mallow saying something like, an inch by 10AM would mean we're on track. Is this still holding true, in your guys' opinions? I've tempered my expectations, certainly, but just curious.

Unfortunately it does look like the heavier band progged for later today has shifted east on the models, so though we're "right on track" now, I think it's much more likely we end up with 3-5 inches. Given how difficult it seems to be for this snow to really stick around on any but the coldest surfaces, the lower end of that estimate may be the most reasonable. I don't remember who it was last night talking about just this scenario (and I laughed them off :P ), but they were right and I was wrong. :arrowhead:

EDIT: It was Wmsptwx

That all being said, I'm enjoying the snow we do get today. Any snow in October is awesome! :thumbsup:

Oh, and here about 1 mile south of campus (Pugh and Easterly), we have a decent coating on everything but paved surfaces (which are still just wet). We might be approaching 1/2" in the exposed grassy areas.

Seeing all these huge temperature drops makes me jealous! We can't manage to drop even another few tenths of a degree here in State College. Per the Walker Building obs, we're just stuck between 34.1F and 34.6F. It may be reading a little warm (a degree?), but it's certainly not below freezing yet out there.

Seeing all these huge temperature drops makes me jealous! We can't manage to drop even another few tenths of a degree here in State College. Per the Walker Building obs, we're just stuck between 34.1F and 34.6F. It may be reading a little warm (a degree?), but it's certainly not below freezing yet out there.

We have been sitting at 32.6 for last hour and a half.

Light snow now, have 1.4" - was beginning to lay on side streets during last heavy source. Waiting for next heavier band.

Lighter precip means less qpf and less ability to cool the surface. Upper level temps and thicknesses should be cooling through the day though, right?

We have been sitting at 32.6 for last hour and a half.

Light snow now, have 1.4" - was beginning to lay on side streets during last heavy source. Waiting for next heavier band.

Yup, looking forward to the next band. Looks promising.

Lighter precip means less qpf and less ability to cool the surface. Upper level temps and thicknesses should be cooling through the day though, right?

Ya, but even when the heavier snow was falling, the temperature didn't drop much at all. With the airmass cooling in general, though, temperatures have to cool with the next good band, I would think.

Archived