Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter what storm, there's always weenie radar hallucinations and premature "It's over!" comments.

That's one of the things that kinda ticks me off with winter threats. Someone who has no clue what is going on in the atmosphere should not be posting anything during a storm. I'm certainly not one of the more knowledgeable people here but I do have a decent understanding of the mechanics of storms to never just look at radar and say "it's over".

It will never change though. It is what it is.

So I guess it does snow in dc in October, contrary to the drumbeat we heard all week! Pretty sure this is the year of anything can happen with the weather.

It doesnt except when it does. Climo still won as much as it could given the setup.

It doesnt except when it does. Climo still won as much as it could given the setup.

No arguing with that. However, I think LWX did a pretty good job with their forecast. Plus, I think everything shook out pretty much as expected. I enjoyed it.

I didn't road trip to hike in the catoctins though. Wifey was worried about branches falling on us. At first I laughed but after I thought about it staying home sounded like a good idea.

No arguing with that. However, I think LWX did a pretty good job with their forecast. Plus, I think everything shook out pretty much as expected. I enjoyed it.

I didn't road trip to hike in the catoctins though. Wifey was worried about branches falling on us. At first I laughed but after I thought about it staying home sounded like a good idea.

They did. Those arguing climo were still pretty heavily vindicated near 95 and in the lowlands more generally. I know I never discounted an elevation event nearly as much though clearly it produced past wildest expectations 5-6 days out.

I'm pretty sure Ian said off the board, that no snow would fall... In fact he said "I will be victorious"

5 days ago when it was the responsible thing to do. And that was around her specific.

Archived