mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Tracking the Late October Potential

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gotta love weather channel, notice at top for se baltimore county is Winter Weather Advisory 5-8 inches in next 36 hours. Then this for DUndalk, MD tomorrow: Windy with rain... mixing with and changing to snow in the afternoon. Snow possibly heavy at times. Cold. Morning high of 44F with temps falling to near freezing. Winds N at 20 to 30 mph. 4 to 6 inches of snow expected.

yeah that came up a few days ago.. seemed like a stretch. would be kinda cool. when do we ever break those kind of records anymore?

According to ThreadEx, we hit 39 in Oct '02, but I have 10/30/02 as 41/39 and that's what the daily record page indicates.

Sept '84 and Jan '94 are the only two that are even in the recent past, with many of the min maxs in the 1800s.

According to ThreadEx, we hit 39 in Oct '02, but I have 10/30/02 as 41/39 and that's what the daily record page indicates.

Sept '84 and Jan '94 are the only two that are even in the recent past, with many of the min maxs in the 1800s.

I have the same as you. Threadex might be an error.. Low by accident?

Really weird to see such polar opposites... GFS probably a dusting... NAM at least 2" of snow around DCA. As Zwyts said, HUGE bust potential. Though it is snowing in CHO right now...

nothing really changes i guess. we need some hefty luck around here but weird things happen a lot these days. the gfs just makes so much more sense than the nam looking at it.

Archived