• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First Winter Storm Threat for New England 2011/12 - II

Baroclinic Zone

Well people who talk on the phone mostly like to talk to hear themselves talk (not always) and ramble on about the same thing forever. I can see when calling is better then texting though if you need to accomplish something quick.

I think texting is quicker..It allows you to be short and succinct and get right to the point. You don't have to waste time dialing and then all the BS formalities like Hey how ya doing..what's new. all that is a waste of time..Just shoot out a quick text and get a quick response back (from MOST people but not all respond)

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for in between the model runs. Where I am in Lowell, where am I when we talk about locations? I know I'm def not GC....but am I still Coastal Plain? I don't think I am in the hills. So where am I so I know when I am reading this.

Merrimack Valley...Pete is a weenie.

Thanks.

Lowell is the CP...its interior CP but still CP. In general the CP is pretty much anywhere in E MA westward out to I-495...then from there to a bit E of I-91 is the ORH hills...then you have the CT River valley, and then the Berkshires.

I think texting is quicker..It allows you to be short and succinct and get right to the point. You don't have to waste time dialing and then all the BS formalities like Hey how ya doing..what's new. all that is a waste of time..Just shoot out a quick text and get a quick response back (from MOST people but not all respond)

lol

Hey Scooter, before you get all drunk and surly, how do you think we do here?

I think 1-3" is a good start for you. If we can get that heavier band to blossom like some of the models show..maybe you have a shot at more, but there are too many question marks right now. It's also a good idea now and then to remind you what month it is.

You mean normal human communication??

We should develop a game of shots for like each panel that comes out. Develop some rules as to when a shot must be done.

So we would start like with the Nam, (84) Move to the Euro (240), Then go big or go home GFS (384)........ :pepsi: If we would go with everytime the GFS shows a bomb at 384 hrs, You could have at least 1 shot every 6hrs

I think 1-3" is a good start for you. If we can get that heavier band to blossom like some of the models show..maybe you have a shot at more, but there are too many question marks right now. It's also a good idea now and then to remind you what month it is.

Thanks Scooter. I trust your take on things completely. I'm really just psyched to have a little snow to talk about. I really want enough to take pics to send to my buddy in AK.

lol 8" for you

9" for KAFN

Yeah those amounts are obviously overdone. It tries to give me 1.6" of snow in the first 3 hours after it flips and temps above freezing and still daylight....lol. That won't happen.

But it shows that very nice period around 03z (11pm) where it could really rip...the GFS had it and even the warm Euro had it to a somewhat lesser extent.

Archived