• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Who Thinks the Weekend Storm will drop anything more than a T?

H2O

Climo says go pound sand  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Halloween Blizzard?

LWX hinting at RW/SW mix this wkend - and not just in the mts

Time sensitive

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

LWX has a major typo - NO WAY the 0 degree Fahrenheit isotherm gets as far south as they claim. Give me some of what they are smokin'.

.LONG TERM /FRIDAY THROUGH MONDAY/...HIPRES BUILDS ON FRI...PROVIDING INTRUSION OF COOL AIR. SOME GUIDANCE INDICATES THIS AMS MAY FEATURE H9 TEMPS BLW 0 DEG F...WHICH COULD PENETRATE N-CNTRL MD AND ERN WV PNHDL.

NO. FOOKIN'. WAY.

That would translate to 15 degrees Fahrenheit AT THE 2 METER LEVEL - IMPOSSIBLE even in north central Maryland at this time of the year - NO FVCKING WAY - Hell that would be a major Arctic cAk intrusion even in January!!!!!!! Get of the fvckin' drugs already!!!

Where did they get their meteorological degree from?

Who the hell are lasorsa and kramar? I bet they're like those air traffic controllers that slept on the job

I think there were more than one. Indiana got a foot of snow in mid October one year, It caused lots of tree damage. I don't remember the event because the MIC of IND put me on the speakerphone to discuss why I thought the storm would occur.

Wes,

That was October 19,1989. Over 9 inches fell in Indy and 5 in Cincinnati. My area received a dusting to an inch in the lower elevations the next day with 2-4" higher eles. from wraparound/upslope snow showers. One of the earliest measurable snowfalls I've saw.

Another Halloween storm; October 31, '93 featured 1-3" in this area in the lower eles., with a 2 day total(31st/1st) of 3-5". 5-8" fell higher eles. .

Wes,

That was October 19,1989. Over 9 inches fell in Indy and 5 in Cincinnati. My area received a dusting to an inch in the lower elevations the next day with 2-4" higher eles. from wraparound/upslope snow showers. One of the earliest measurable snowfalls I've saw.

Another Halloween storm; October 31, '93 featured 1-3" in this area in the lower eles., with a 2 day total(31st/1st) of 3-5". 5-8" fell higher eles. .

That was definitely it. It caused lots of tree damage in Indiana. It had a great double jet structure if I remember right.

Archived