amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, Goshen certainly is, but much of GC fell short, including Pete, Dave, and me. I think several others fell short, too.

70.2/54

I don't think I am really on GC. GC wannabe.

NORH county a bit too far east

It could have been 80 but not based on my crappy thermo or a local mesosite. Maybe too much shade and leaf moisture?

It could have been 80 but not based on my crappy thermo or a local mesosite. Maybe too much shade and leaf moisture?

ORH airport hit 80F exactly...so you could have been a degree or so cooler. Some little micro effects like downsloping could probably affect the temp too on a dry day like today.

ORH airport hit 80F exactly...so you could have been a degree or so cooler. Some little micro effects like downsloping could probably affect the temp too on a dry day like today.

There was a bit of a breeze and I would have thought it would help warm it up a little more

Anyway it was impressive for Columbus Day weekend. Last year I was looking at snow on Mt Washington and buying my kids gloves at Santas Village

This may be true, but it highlights further that the sub-80 highs are reasonable. I'm still waiting for people to question my overnight lows. :)

There was a bit of a breeze and I would have thought it would help warm it up a little more

Anyway it was impressive for Columbus Day weekend. Last year I was looking at snow on Mt Washington and buying my kids gloves at Santas Village

Two years ago we were tracking a snow threat. The one that ended up occurring on 10/16...then we got the 2nd one on 10/18.

Record high for CHES smashed..That's about a +20 on the day. Enjoy and relish in the record.

You have no data that can substantiate that claim. Stop spreading disinformation. You called for 80, you FTL. I'm putting this mild weather to good use with Winter prep chores here on the property.

Pha PHa PHAIL!!!! High of 77.4 here. Please don't apply Blizz math to this, i.e. "77 is close to 78 which is just about 79 and that's really 80."

Blizz Fractions are pretty good, too (page 42) :)

Temps dropping like a rock here. It was 77 degrees like 2 hours ago (high of 82), now it's 63.2/ 57.

Even turned the AC on for a few hours.

Looks like a chance at 80 again tomorrow for myself, and mid 70s on Tuesday. Liking these last few days of above average temps and nice weather, before I start getting excited about snow and freaking out about the rain/snow line.

Congrats.

54/53, nice evening

68.7/53. Temperature doing it's regular 8:30 rebound back up. Surely, I'm reading low.

Nice breeze out there tonight btw. I can hear the leaves pelting the deck.

Just a spectacular day, really great .

Ditto... foliage isn't as robust as some years but certainly peaking here in Stowe. Couldn't find much green today... though leaf drop is still only just getting started below 1,500ft. Leaves are all down up at 3,000ft to the tree line at 4,000ft.

High of 80F here after a low of 40F this morning... makes for easy math; a nice 40F change today.

Last year Mansfield set a record (60 year data set) for snowiest October on record and by the end of the month we were skiing on a 20-30" natural base it seemed. We had several snow events on the mountain last October. This year, I'm not sure if I'll make any turns the way the warm pattern has been going. Killington is going to struggle to open this month.

Thursday could actually be a pretty raw day if that sfc low forms and stays offshore keeping a NE flow in here. Could end up being in the 50s in a lot of spots with rain. Still a lot of uncertainty as to how the whole system plays out so it could still end up warmer/muggier.

Thursday could actually be a pretty raw day if that sfc low forms and stays offshore keeping a NE flow in here. Could end up being in the 50s in a lot of spots with rain. Still a lot of uncertainty as to how the whole system plays out so it could still end up warmer/muggier.

Awesome STS near MLB right now, some gusts to hurricane strength in that micro system. Should be a stormy end of the week.42d4d0af-6f4a-9fb5.jpg

Archived