• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

I have no problem with this wx. Let it be a mild month - October is essentially a throw away month anyway wx-wise. As long as the cold and snow season commences by the latter half of November I'm happy. I get home from Spain on 11/16 so I think I'm timing that out pretty good. Most years I won't miss much before 11/16.

Five hours on a tractor today bush hogging and another day tomorrow, but should wrap it up for the season on Wednesday. It's still pretty wet in places, but this is the only opening probably so have to do it.

Nice Rick, where in Spain, business or vacation, great place!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no problem with this wx. Let it be a mild month - October is essentially a throw away month anyway wx-wise. As long as the cold and snow season commences by the latter half of November I'm happy. I get home from Spain on 11/16 so I think I'm timing that out pretty good. Most years I won't miss much before 11/16.

Five hours on a tractor today bush hogging and another day tomorrow, but should wrap it up for the season on Wednesday. It's still pretty wet in places, but this is the only opening probably so have to do it.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/aly/Past/1987_Oct/SnowMap.JPG :popcorn:

ALB had a record (or tie) at 79 on Saturday and yesterday's 81 fell two shy. So it is definitely near record breaking warmth for October, but who cares.. ...it has no punch this late in the season, humidity is nice and sun angle is so much weaker.

I never said it wasn't warm. I never said it wasn't unusually warm. I only pointed out that we failed to hit 80 as Blizz promised. Temps in the 70's, while unusual for this time of year here just isn't something I feel the need to complain about or spin into some sort of uncomfortable heat wave. It's been nice. The cold and snow will be here soon. I promise.

It seems like even with low heights we don't get much cold because we're cut off from the cold air source since the NAO kinda sucks.

Its the PAC too. No real cross polar flow on our side right now. Only seem very weak cross polar up near the Yukon.

Just pleasure .... doing southwest Spain this time and Portugal ..areas I have never covered before. Lisbon, the Algarve, Sevilla, and Gibraltar. I'm staying for for $44 a night near the beach in the Algarve in a pretty nice place. I guess it will be too cold to swim,, but average highs still mid/upper 60's so should be decent.

Nice Rick, where in Spain, business or vacation, great place!

You should have camped this past weekend. My niece went to Lewey Lake (near Indian Lake in ADKs) and it has been such a mild Fall that they were actually still able to swim up there. Of course temps were well into the 70's even there. Last year this same weekend (I think) they had 20F lows up there camping.

Supposed to camp this weekend, but that might fall through

Gorgeous outside this weekend

I can never remember 3 perfect beach days in October. Usually this time of year when it's warm the beaches aren't that great because of screaming SW winds, but the virtually non-existent land breezes kept us warm all weekend.....Most years I stop going in the ocean in late september...but every couple years I'll keep going in through early October....But, I can never remember enjoying the ocean like I did today so late in the season. The water was cold on saturday with temps 62/63, but yesterday and today temps rose into the mid 60s and the water was refreshingly great.....I'll bottle these positive thoughts when it's snowing everywhere and raining down here in a couple months.

I can never remember 3 perfect beach days in October. Usually this time of year when it's warm the beaches aren't that great because of screaming SW winds, but the virtually non-existent land breezes kept us warm all weekend.....Most years I stop going in the ocean in late september...but every couple years I'll keep going in through early October....But, I can never remember enjoying the ocean like I did today so late in the season. The water was cold on saturday with temps 62/63, but yesterday and today temps rose into the mid 60s and the water was refreshingly great.....I'll bottle these positive thoughts when it's snowing everywhere and raining down here in a couple months.

Sachusett?

Archived