• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

47/46, Looks like another nice day to prepare for Winter's onslaught. Funny how some people use a few mild days in October as a reason to stick their heads in the sand by thinking this weather is indicative of an "endless summer".

I'm waaaay behind on my firewood. I usually cut 2-3 cord myself and buy 3. This year, the dude we normally buy some from only informed us a few weeks ago that he doesn't have any this year. Thanks man, you could've told us back in June! Anyway, been scrambling around out in our woods cutting up the maple and ash we lost in the July 2010 blow. The ash looks good but the big maple butts are still a little 'green' inside. Cut, split & stacked in the shed hopefully to be ready by March. It's good in some ways as I've wanted to get out and get these trees cleaned up anyway--now I have oodles of motivation. ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waaaay behind on my firewood. I usually cut 2-3 cord myself and buy 3. This year, the dude we normally buy some from only informed us a few weeks ago that he doesn't have any this year. Thanks man, you could've told us back in June! Anyway, been scrambling around out in our woods cutting up the maple and ash we lost in the July 2010 blow. The ash looks good but the big maple butts are still a little 'green' inside. Cut, split & stacked in the shed hopefully to be ready by March. It's good in some ways as I've wanted to get out and get these trees cleaned up anyway--now I have oodles of motivation. ;)

I'm pretty well set here at the house though I'm going to clear a little more brush to add to the burn piles. On the work front I've got an awful lot to get done before the snow flies and that won't be long despite the disinformation some of the more clueless posters here spread. Endless summer,lol, reminds me of the ant and grasshopper fable.

47/46, Looks like another nice day to prepare for Winter's onslaught. Funny how some people use a few mild days in October as a reason to stick their heads in the sand by thinking this weather is indicative of an "endless summer".

Mild? These past couple days were hardly mild when compared to climo for the day. A +20 day in July/Aug would equate to 100F+ temps. Mid 80's and up is a flat out torch for the calender dates.

Got to 85F here yesterday. A record for the day but not an all time record for Oct. Still very impressive considering we had snow flurries on Thursday.

Congratulations!! Hang your hat on that occurance rather than yesterday's temp! I wonder how Bob will do with his temp delta today.

63.8/53 here, appears to be the warm spot in western MA.

sunny

nw breeze

Absolute Inferno, just amazing loving it baby!!!! Wife and I just took a walk, cherry and apple blossoms popping everywhere down by the beach, mother nature is screwed up big time!!!!

Endless SUmmer forever!

Circle of Sizzle

Vival la Sizzle

Hexagon Of Heat

SNESS ..............have all lived up to the billing, best fall ever rolls on with no end in site...................

sunny

nw breeze

Absolute Inferno, just amazing loving it baby!!!! Wife and I just took a walk, cherry and apple blossoms popping everywhere down by the beach, mother nature is screwed up big time!!!!

Endless SUmmer forever!

Circle of Sizzle

Vival la Sizzle

Hexagon Of Heat

SNESS ..............have all lived up to the billing, best fall ever rolls on with no end in site...................

No apples this year? You should head to the fall country, Joe. :)

71.6/56

No apples this year? You should head to the fall country, Joe. :)

71.6/56

They were horrible just like everywhere else, enjoy another +20 departure today, warmest fall in GC ever in the cards, might be.

Might be another Jan bloom for the forcnthia this year, like 06 07 and 07 08 iris and day lillies are popping up now, at least the ones that were cut back. Off to the beach kid free, love Fairield having school today..........cya

They were horrible just like everywhere else, enjoy another +20 departure today, warmest fall in GC ever in the cards, might be.

Might be another Jan bloom for the forcnthia this year, like 06 07 and 07 08 iris and day lillies are popping up now, at least the ones that were cut back. Off to the beach kid free, love Fairield having school today..........cya

I can't say anything other than my personal experience. But when my daughter and I went about 3 weeks or so ago, there were hoardes of them.

73.7/55

yesterday was the day where everyone at every station in SNE hit 80...not today.. Today was always supposed to be a few degrees lower

Best day of the year, perfect temp dew combo. Looks like it will be just muggy for the run, good luck. Did you see the sad story of the FF who was running in the Chicago marathon for burn victims and died 500 feet from the finish, horrible.

Best day of the year, perfect temp dew combo. Looks like it will be just muggy for the run, good luck. Did you see the sad story of the FF who was running in the Chicago marathon for burn victims and died 500 feet from the finish, horrible.

Looks sunny and upper 40'-low 50's for start of the race at 8:00 am..with a high in the low 60's..no mugginess at all.

You're on your own here...most are going cold/snowy especially for Dec-Jan couplet.

-

Check out the big jersey barrier berm they built around the new Penfield Pavilion...guess they are worried about Nor'easter damage....We were down there with the boys yesterday--looked like a July day-sans the lifeguards and dogs walking everywhere amongst the sunbathers :arrowhead:

Also noted all the dead Arborvitae along Fairfield Beach road and all the stripped trees--landscapers will be busy there....

I think they hit 78F out there. 2k got to 76F...a torch either way even if it didn't reach 80.

I don't think I am really on GC. GC wannabe.

NORH county a bit too far east

It could have been 80 but not based on my crappy thermo or a local mesosite. Maybe too much shade and leaf moisture?

ORH airport hit 80F exactly...so you could have been a degree or so cooler. Some little micro effects like downsloping could probably affect the temp too on a dry day like today.

yesterday was the day where almost everyone at every station in SNE hit 80...not today.. Today was always supposed to be a few degrees lower

Fixed.

75.5/57

Archived