Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were tons of Indian (India) people there yesterday. I thought I was on IRT deadliest roads.

Well good for the economy I guess..lol. With the gridlock that I encountered yesterday, it appeared that people were about and about ready to do stuff. It took me a little over an hour just to get to Salem.

Did you get a new Davis or is that the HD special? My thermometer stopped transmitting, but it just needs some batteries I think.

Davis repaired/replaced all the sensors. So that's what's up and reporting to Wunderground.

Right now, it's transmitting to the stations "history" on Wunderground http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KMASHELB3 , but for some reason isn't posting to the "stickers" or showing up on the Wundermap/pdfamily (it was yesterday). Looks like the Windsor and Savoy stations are encountering the same issue.

71.9/54 on the Davis,

Davis repaired/replaced all the sensors. So that's what's up and reporting to Wunderground.

Right now, it's transmitting to the stations "history" on Wunderground http://www.wundergro...sp?ID=KMASHELB3 , but for some reason isn't posting to the "stickers" or showing up on the Wundermap/pdfamily (it was yesterday). Looks like the Windsor and Savoy stations are encountering the same issue.

71.9/54 on the Davis,

Certain things won't update with your station info if you send intermittent data. If your station has been down awhile I've seen it take a good 48hrs before your obs start to "kick in" to all of their features even though your history page always updates with new info.

71.9/54 on the Davis,

Holy smokes. Is 80 gonna happen at Shelburne aka Pt Barrow ?

Certain things won't update with your station info if you send intermittent data. If your station has been down awhile I've seen it take a good 48hrs before your obs start to "kick in" to all of their features even though your history page always updates with new info.

It was updating things yesterday--and it is again now (along with Windsor's). I think there was a glitch there as both of us are now back on pdf as well.

Holy smokes. Is 80 gonna happen at Shelburne aka Pt Barrow ?

We'll see. I'm going on tenths.....in other words, 79,9 will be a fail. Hopefully we won't have to mince like that though.

73.4/54

ISP Already broke their daily high temp

SXUS71 KOKX 091603

RERISP

RECORD EVENT REPORT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NEW YORK NY

1203 PM EDT SUN OCT 09 2011

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ISLIP NY...

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 79 DEGREES WAS SET AT ISLIP NY TODAY AT

1201 PM. THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 78 SET IN 1990.

THIS RECORD WILL BE UPDATED AGAIN AFTER PEAK DAYTIME HEATING

WITH THE MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE FOR THE DAY.

Impressive. At least the dews are reasonable... td is 50 here

Great day to be at Gillette

They may be able to make a run at 90F, especially if they stay with the W/NW flow. Could be tough for BDL, especially since they started off in the lower 50's while Logan was in the upper 60's.

If BDL can see another +6 jump in the next hour they could come close.

PVD could make a run for 90F as well.

They may be able to make a run at 90F, especially if they stay with the W/NW flow. Could be tough for BDL, especially since they started off in the lower 50's while Logan was in the upper 60's.

If BDL can see another +6 jump in the next hour they could come close.

PVD could make a run for 90F as well.

I'm thinking places like Bedford, MA and Nashua, NH could be up there as well

Certainly.

Even HVN is 78F...they warmed +5 in the past hour...they could get into the upper 80's too.

EWR is 82F currently.

A lot of places in the lower interior are still calm or have light and variable winds. If we can get a little 5-10kt mixing those spots should shoot into the temp lead.

Graham and I took a nice long walk around town, some pics from between here and the beach. The first one about 9/10's of a mile from the beach, the rest as you approach the beach. THe "dead zone" is impressive in Irenes wake, the surge did some pretty incredible damage. I think most of the trees come back in the spring. Kind of creepy walking on one block thats fully foilated with 90% green leaves then on the next nothing.

Archived