Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October Banter/ Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

What a dink.

It's just because I care about you Pats fans. They're obviously going nowhere, like the Sox, and if Brady is out at least you'll have a viable excuse to cry in your beer about. Luv ya bro!

P.S. Please tone down the sexist vitriole, we need you to be around this Winter.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had 2 frosts and 2 hard freezes, last year when we had a warm spell in October people we're calling it "Winter Over".lol Snachez game plan= Full Panic mode. My hope for the Jets game is that, by some miracle they win and Brady gets knocked out for the season.

Do you see the pattern for you and GC this year...........70s in may june july august september october and probably november too, over the summer you would say "comfortable 70s" now in mid October its still "comfortable 70s" even though you are racking up monster + departures. Foilage sucks, and is beyond Late..........people are starting to get edgy and two sne climo sites may have 80+ temps 3 days in a row.

Looks like a Warmanista WInter, finally..............long overdue

Do you see the pattern for you and GC this year...........70s in may june july august september october and probably november too, over the summer you would say "comfortable 70s" now in mid October its still "comfortable 70s" even though you are racking up monster + departures. Foilage sucks, and is beyond Late..........people are starting to get edgy and two sne climo sites may have 80+ temps 3 days in a row.

Looks like a Warmanista WInter, finally..............long overdue

Wrong, the foliage here is at peak as it normally is on Columbus Day weekend. Maybe in other, low elevation places there isn't color but here it is almost over. I'm loving the 70's and low DP's this weekend. I'll be outside nearly everyday this Winter and I'll get more of a dose of cold and snow than most will get in a decade or two. I'll save this speculative post and taunt you with it throughout the long, cold and snowy Winter that we're about to plunge into.

Wrong, the foliage here is at peak as it normally is on Columbus Day weekend. Maybe in other, low elevation places there isn't color but here it is almost over. I'm loving the 70's and low DP's this weekend. I'll be outside nearly everyday this Winter and I'll get more of a dose of cold and snow than most will get in a decade or two. I'll save this speculative post and taunt you with it throughout the long, cold and snowy Winter that we're about to plunge into.

I was looking at web cams across vt at elevations much higher than your (barely above reverend) elevation, and they were not what you describe. More snow in a decade or two? Pete you have lost it bro, your stint in off topic has left you less intelligent than when you entered. You are not thinking correctly!

It's pretty good up here in Whitefield, NH

I heard up in the mtns it is, but further south even in areas where it should be colorful...it's not.

I think the color in the classic spots is usually pretty good since they're always going to have some cool nights....even if these cool nights are still above normal for them.

You have said this for the last three months, meanwhile records will fall today and somebody will hit 90 in your cold fall...........

Hexagon of Heat~

I was looking at web cams across vt at elevations much higher than your (barely above reverend) elevation, and they were not what you describe. More snow in a decade or two? Pete you have lost it bro, your stint in off topic has left you less intelligent than when you entered. You are not thinking correctly!

Sucks here. We had an arborist/forestry management person here yesterday offering guidance/assessment for my clearing activities. He said what Chris (and others?) have said--that there's a fungus that has really hampered the foliage this year. Evidence of that is me sitting here on the deck watching the steady flow of brownish yellow leaves dropping off brownish yellow trees.

68.4/52

Sucks here. We had an arborist/forestry management person here yesterday doing so assessment for my clearing activities. He said what Chris (and others?) have said--that there's a fungus that has really hampered the foliage this year. Evidence of that is me sitting here on the deck watching the steady flow of brownish yellow leaves dropping off brownish yellow trees.

68.4/52

Yeah its sad. Autumn is my second favorite season, the colors are absolutely awful, too much water.

I heard up in the mtns it is, but further south even in areas where it should be colorful...it's not.

I think the color in the classic spots is usually pretty good since they're always going to have some cool nights....even if these cool nights are still above normal for them.

A windy coastal storm end of the week will just add to the foliage woes.

I was up on the Kanc yesterday and North Conway. It was all fairly meh. There wasn't much in the way of vibrant color at all on the ride. There were a few decent spots probably around 1-1.5k on the Kanc, but above that level leaf drop was complete. North Conway had a lot of green still or that drab brownish color mixed in with the red, orange, yellow. It's disappointing.

I was up on the Kanc yesterday and North Conway. It was all fairly meh. There wasn't much in the way of vibrant color at all on the ride. There were a few decent spots probably around 1-1.5k on the Kanc, but above that level leaf drop was complete. North Conway had a lot of green still or that drab brownish color mixed in with the red, orange, yellow. It's disappointing.

Wow if it sux on the Kanc, then that's telling. It must be patchy, because I've seen some pics that looked pretty nice and other pics that were either dull or more green.

Wow if it sux on the Kanc, then that's telling. It must be patchy, because I've seen some pics that looked pretty nice and other pics that were either dull or more green.

Coming from 93, It was okay from where you really start gaining elevation to around the hairpin. There just weren't many leaves left in the trees at all up at the gazebo. Maybe I expected too much, but there just wasn't enough consistent vibrance of color to impress me.

Coming from 93, It was okay from where you really start gaining elevation to around the hairpin. There just weren't many leaves left in the trees at all up at the gazebo. Maybe I expected too much, but there just wasn't enough consistent vibrance of color to impress me.

I love that road though. I might take a spin up there tomorrow...or at least up to the Lake...maybe over to Sandwich fair.

Archived