joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the fact the weather has been a bit on the boring side and the weather looks to continue that way for the foreseeable future we're looking at a great stretch of weather. Once this weak cold front passes the region today with a much stronger more potent reinforcing cold front crosses the region tomorrow looks like we'll be seeing some typical early fall weather, cool nights and warm afternoons.

Can't rule out a few widely scattered or isolated showers or storms this afternoon and evening though. Instability not great and shear marginal but could have enough forcing to spark off some convection.

Despite the fact the weather has been a bit on the boring side and the weather looks to continue that way for the foreseeable future we're looking at a great stretch of weather. Once this weak cold front passes the region today with a much stronger more potent reinforcing cold front crosses the region tomorrow looks like we'll be seeing some typical early fall weather, cool nights and warm afternoons.

Can't rule out a few widely scattered or isolated showers or storms this afternoon and evening though. Instability not great and shear marginal but could have enough forcing to spark off some convection.

Paul, there's nothing boring about the impending first frost :)

Just sent an email back to the Senior Weather Observer at Bradley regarding the opening(s) for weather observer there. I hope it isn't too late or all the spots are filled as I sent the email regarding my interest out back in mid July but with working full time through the end of August it was really hard to put forth quality studying but I've been studying quite a bit over the past few weeks and I feel confident enough I can pass the test. Hopefully I can get a response soon. Even if it's filled though or they are full I'm going to request to remain in contact for any positions that may open and I'm not going to be completely upset b/c I've actually learned quite a bit about METAR and encoding, something which I knew absolutely nothing about 2 months ago.

partly sunny

Through 9/13

BDR +3

BDL +2.9

ORH +1.6

BOS +0.7

One more enormous + departure day today, which will bring these numbers to bonafide torch criteria, then the cold snap and another warm up next week which ens means support.

Crisp air is going to feel so great friday and saturday!!

Fall is here I guess... 3 nights this week with lows forecast between 30-35F.

BTV thinks the growing season is over on Saturday morning, they've got us at 30F for the low on that night.

Freeze Warnings NNE... Frost Advisories SNE? Yeah baby. Getting water to freeze on your car is the first step towards snowflakes, lol.

Archived