• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

Most of GC hit 80F on 9/4. Even the Peru site at 2k did. Your high must have been the exception that day.

There were at least a couple out here. I don't recall Sept. 4 at all. But, here are a few readings from this area on 9/4

Moneypit: 76.1

Conway: 78.1

Charlemont 79.0 (I never really have confidence in it's readings, though)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***New Record High of 86 at BDR today, previous was 85***

That is a torch!!

Got warmer here than I thought back when we had our exchange on the M-W time period. Got up to 73.9 here.

Now down to 72.4 with mid-50's forecasted for tonight, mid-60's are forecasted for tomorrow. Can't come soon enough.

That is a torch!!

Got warmer here than I thought back when we had our exchange on the M-W time period. Got up to 73.9 here.

Now down to 72.4 with mid-50's forecasted for tonight, mid-60's are forecasted for tomorrow. Can't come soon enough.

Wait until you see the dailies.............this has been an epic torch everywhere so far this month, 70s is a torch in GC, Friday is going to feel incredible!

Wait until you see the dailies.............this has been an epic torch everywhere so far this month, 70s is a torch in GC, Friday is going to feel incredible!

Looks like the average high at ORH is about 69* today. If I guess I run a couple degrees short of that (I have no idea if that's ball park), I'd be +7.

Tomorrow's 64* won't be too bad. Perhaps a bit below normal I guess (again, reference to my ORH statement above).

71.9/63

Departures for today, the 14th day of September the year 2011

BDR 86 +12

BOS 86 +11

BDL 83 +10

PVD 85 +10

ORH 79 +10

Unbelievable, monthly departures after tomorrow will be jaw dropping.

I think GC's monthly will net closer to normal after tomorrow.

Finished stacking 6-7 cords of wood over the weekend. Guess I might tap into it in the very near future. Kinda hate the "start-stop" fires. Much prefer the 24/7 approach. Not too much longer for that.

71.6/63

Tomorrow's departures will be noticeable the farther east you are as it will take a good part of the day for the front to move in.

Had a nice downpour come through the city about an hour ago. Looks like some thunder with it now.

Scooter looks like the CP might sneak into the upper 70s to around 80 tomorrow before the front blasts thru?

Scooter looks like the CP might sneak into the upper 70s to around 80 tomorrow before the front blasts thru?

I could be near 80 while Pete is falling through the 50s. Pretty crazy. Tomorrow night we all fall down pretty hard. Sharp s/w too, with precip possible behind the front (known as anafrontal precip).

Departures for today, the 14th day of September the year 2011

BDR 86 +12

BOS 86 +11

BDL 83 +10

PVD 85 +10

ORH 79 +10

Unbelievable, monthly departures after tomorrow will be jaw dropping.

Because of all the rainy days we had out here I'm actually enjoying the torchy temps although it will feel good to get the wood stove going soon.

Nothing epic about it. I've been touting a warm September for awhile too, but no need for excessive hyperbole. A +2-3 F departure over 14 days is hardly epic. Its warm. To put it in perspective, September 2007 was a +4.2F here for the month, not just a 2 week period.

I doubt this September matches that given the big bite in + departures over the next week.

Nothing epic about it. I've been touting a warm September for awhile too, but no need for excessive hyperbole. A +2-3 F departure over 14 days is hardly epic. Its warm. To put it in perspective, September 2007 was a +4.2F here for the month, not just a 2 week period.

I doubt this September matches that given the big bite in + departures over the next week.

I think places like BDR BDL will be near +4 after tomorrow, closer to 2.5 -3 for pvd and orh, with a bite taken out of the heat fr-sat perhaps even sunday. Next week looks normal early then above late with a possible cooldown near the end of the month.

I think its been very impressive.

I think places like BDR BDL will be near +4 after tomorrow, closer to 2.5 -3 for pvd and orh, with a bite taken out of the heat fr-sat perhaps even sunday. Next week looks normal early then above late with a possible cooldown near the end of the month.

I think its been very impressive.

Its been warm, but far from epic. 2007 had its epic stretches and was +4 to +5 for the month in a lot of spots.

Remember, that "normal" temps take a bit out of +3F departures. If you have the first half of a month as +3 and the 2nd half is "normal", then the month as a whole ends at +1.5F. The average monthly departure does not stay idle when you have a normal day.

It could be pretty nasty in the interior Friday morning too...the central and western higher terrain could be down near 40F with a gusty WNW wind.

Sounds funny...40F could be downright nasty. In the winter we could get 40F and windy for the high and it would be an all out torch. laugh.gif

High of 82... now down to 78/68, only one more warm night to go!

Archived