• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

That doesn't seem to be doing the trick, Steve. It's still not receiving a signal. I'll go out later and look at the connections on ISS to see if there's anything apparent there--of course, I have no idea what I'd expect/not expect to see there.

I'm looking to see if I can buy just an ISS. So far, I'm not seeing that as a stand-alone item.

Did you try to reset up? Does your ISS flash green? If it's not flashing or rapid the transmitter board is fried.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found it because I assumed the strike had fried the DP2 (which it apparently did). I had gone out to expecting to see if blown to smithereens. Physically, it's fine, but the nearest tree took the direct hit.., but I've been finding pieces of wood 30' from the tree itself. The largest pieces near the station are about 6' long. I'm guessing the charge went through the ground to the metal post it's mounted on and blew it it out.

I just showed it to my wife and we agreed it's a very sobering thing to see the power of that and really makes you understand why it's so important to get inside during a storm.

That lightning probably went right through the Davis.

To be honest, I wanted to get a Davis mounted on the roof of my condo, but I'm afraid to do it, as now that will be one of the tallest objects around. Given two places within a half mile of me have been hit..not including the pole in front of my house...you gotta respect it.

This is kind of interesting......

I'm getting a barometer reading and I'm getting a daily rain reading (0.00). I'm not sure if it was showing that before I unplugged it or not. The BP actually just changed, so that a live reading. That would be coming from the ISS right? There's nothing housed in the console.

Yes, it's transmitting, try to reset, also are you getting inside readings?

Did you try to reset up? Does your ISS flash green? If it's not flashing or rapid the transmitter board is fried.

I tried to reset up---I'm actually trying to do it again. Where would the ISS be flashing green? I've never seen it flash anywhere.

Wow Mike, is that your house in the background of one of those pics? LOL that's close.

Yup--the second floor window you can see just below the tree branch is my bedroom. I thought the strike was up toward the street, but it was toward the back.

Yes, it's transmitting, try to reset, also are you getting inside readings?

I am getting inside readings. Maybe we can continue this in PM so as to not clog the thread.

I tried to reset up---I'm actually trying to do it again. Where would the ISS be flashing green? I've never seen it flash anywhere.

Yup--the second floor window you can see just below the tree branch is my bedroom. I thought the strike was up toward the street, but it was toward the back.

I am getting inside readings. Maybe we can continue this in PM so as to not clog the thread.

I vote do it here... interesting to read...

Looks like the front is walking through the Berkshires. It took over 30 minutes for it to crawl from Pittsfield to to just about Otis now. You can see the dews drop off west of that. Still summer like here....

58 in Dalton (just east of Pittsfield) and 66 Goshen (just west of the valley and on the east slopes).

The breeze has picked up here. Perhaps that's the front. Guess I can't monitor dp too closely this morning. :(

This... although it could be something as small as 1 capacitor or fuse... may be fixable...

That stinks. I loved reading Mike's daily fails at getting low temps...

Maybe the Good Lord above knew that the sensor was reading several degrees too cold since he bought the thing and this was his way of saying .."get a new one"

How much rain did you get? It looked like you may have been fringed on the southern end. Southern end had the good lightning I think.

Very little rain..It rained for about 5 minutes..but the lightning and loud thunder was all I cared about. i started hearing rumbles and jumped up to close the kids windows..But the thunder was so loud they woke up anyway. Almsot constant lightning for a good 45 minutes to an hour

This... although it could be something as small as 1 capacitor or fuse... may be fixable...

That stinks. I loved reading Mike's daily fails at getting low temps...

Maybe the Good Lord above knew that the sensor was reading several degrees too cold since he bought the thing and this was his way of saying .."get a new one"

:lol:

I'm going to head out to Home Depot at some point and buy something to get by so I can at least know what's happening temp wise. Meanwhile, I'm going to check my connections one more time . Meanwhile, anyone know if they sell ISS as a stand-alone? I didn't see it on a quick look, but I really don't want to have to get a whole new console, anemometer, etc.

Very little rain..It rained for about 5 minutes..but the lightning and loud thunder was all I cared about. i started hearing rumbles and jumped up to close the kids windows..But the thunder was so loud they woke up anyway. Almsot constant lightning for a good 45 minutes to an hour

Those southern end ones where you barely get into the rain sometimes have great lightning. I got into one earlier in August. It wasn't very frequent, but it was funny to not have much rain at all..but bolts flying all around you. Sometimes those southern flanking cells have the instability to tap and therefore are strongest.

I'm going to head out to Home Depot at some point and buy something to get by so I can at least know what's happening temp wise. Meanwhile, I'm going to check my connections one more time . Meanwhile, anyone know if they sell ISS as a stand-alone? I didn't see it on a quick look, but I really don't want to have to get a whole new console, anemometer, etc.

Ambient might have what need:

http://www.ambientweather.com/vaprac.html

BTW, for $50 you can get a wireless thermometer that uploads to the Internet. I rigged one for a friend to upload data to WU but you have to know what you are doing. Just a suggestion to get you something.

:lol:

Maybe on Ebay???

I bet Davis does... try calling them

Ambient might have what need:

http://www.ambientwe...com/vaprac.html

BTW, for $50 you can get a wireless thermometer that uploads to the Internet. I rigged one for a friend to upload data to WU but you have to know what you are doing. Just a suggestion to get you something.

Yeah--I had done a quick look there and on weathershack, and didn't see the ISS as a stand alone.

Archived