• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

Its been warm, but far from epic. 2007 had its epic stretches and was +4 to +5 for the month in a lot of spots.

Remember, that "normal" temps take a bit out of +3F departures. If you have the first half of a month as +3 and the 2nd half is "normal", then the month as a whole ends at +1.5F. The average monthly departure does not stay idle when you have a normal day.

I hear ya Will, but tomorrow will be another above normal day for bdr, bos pvd and possibly orh. I think bdr was +3 after yesterday with a +12 today. I think on a whole the month ends up +1-+3 across sne site, but my only point was that the mid month departures are extremely impressive.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its been warm, but far from epic. 2007 had its epic stretches and was +4 to +5 for the month in a lot of spots.

Remember, that "normal" temps take a bit out of +3F departures. If you have the first half of a month as +3 and the 2nd half is "normal", then the month as a whole ends at +1.5F. The average monthly departure does not stay idle when you have a normal day.

Good point. These next 3-4 days after tomorrow should put a dent in things. We likely warm up again, followed by a cool blast perhaps to finish the month? I think we'll end up above normal for sure, but I don't see all of us at +3.

I hear ya Will, but tomorrow will be another above normal day for bdr, bos pvd and possibly orh. I think bdr was +3 after yesterday with a +12 today. I think on a whole the month ends up +1-+3 across sne site, but my only point was that the mid month departues are extremely impressive.

Joe I wouldn't get too excited about much AN tomorrow, most progs call for clouds and the front to move in prior to any meaningful heating occurs, so we should be locked into the low 70's, at least down here....

Joe I wouldn't get too excited about much AN tomorrow, most progs call for clouds and the front to move in prior to any meaningful heating occurs, so we should be locked into the low 70's, at least down here....

It will be close jd, dont see overnight lows getting much below 66 67 for us if that, any sun early will quickly boost temps. However, if it is cloudy with a sw wind off the sound then yes, we should be capped at 75 or so, either way that cool air is going to be AWESOME!:snowman:

Low 60s here tomorrow followed by 30s to 40 @ night. 'Dacks to 30 even a few upper 20s possible

Nice avatar, Andy. You'd think you went to Cardinal Hayes or something. :arrowhead:

Gross to see 80's at almost 7:00p.m. Zoinks.

Temp starting to drop nicely here as the cooler air across the border seeps down.

69.1/64

It will be close jd, dont see overnight lows getting much below 66 67 for us if that, any sun early will quickly boost temps. However, if it is cloudy with a sw wind off the sound then yes, we should be capped at 75 or so, either way that cool air is going to be AWESOME!:snowman:

At the very least, a nice first shot across the bow of what lies ahead......

Don't think there's a thread available for 'hair-brained ideas', but here's a case of people thinking they have more control than they do. Makes me think of Jurassic Park and Michael Malcolm' comment "Nature will find a way". Incidentally, while that movie is enjoyable, the book is SOOOO much better.

http://www.foxnews.c...test=latestnews

66.7/62

Both BDL and BAF have a chance of going over 80 3 straight next Thurs-Sat. Perfect BIG E weather. Hey MPM u leavin the Alps to attend ?

Unless my daughter can manage to plead and beg her way to get there, not a chance in hell! lol

I'm hoping none of her friends are talking about it. If they're not, she won't be any the wiser. If they do............

64.7/61

Unless my daughter can manage to plead and beg her way to get there, not a chance in hell! lol

I'm hoping none of her friends are talking about it. If they're not, she won't be any the wiser. If they do............

64.7/61

Come on u can leave ur parka and longjohns back home !

Euro is very aggressive with another cold shot late next week. Lot of uncertainty in that time frame.

Yeah it could be warmer in the canadian praries than in New England per Anderson on the AW pro site late next week but we'll just have to wait and see.

Will, do the ens agree? I think yesterday or the day before both the Euro and GFS ens showed warmth during that period.

Euro ensembles show it seasonably cool here next weekend...or at least normal. Its pretty warm in the west-central US....ensembles actually get more aggressive with cool weather after next weekend in the 10-15 day time range. .

Archived