amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Ticking Down the Days

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever been so scared of thunder/lighting like this since I was like 4 lol...completely insane...massive cracks all around me...the flash didn't even have a chance to dissipate. I hid in my hallway away from windows for about 5 minutes.

:lol: nice.....mcdonalds on prospect? Like where wings over used to be? Idk where that mc is....

can see the lightning to the south and its insane can also hear the thunder and its atleast 15 to 20 miles away congrats wiz!! moon is out but seeing everything from a distance is kind of cool too!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yup mainly off in the distance now...still incredible how vivid the lightning is and how loud the thunder is. Pretty awesome show!

I think that's it for now.....not that it wasn't a surprise but I was not expecting that.....one of the better storms light and noise wise.....the thunder is my favorite anyway....Off to bed

I saw those storms over NJ and I had posted on facebook we could still see some isolated storms pop up tonight and within minutes after that post that line just starting erupting.

Looks like some weak rotation within that cell.

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw some more cells pop up during the overnight hours...at least until the initial cool front crosses through the region. Still unstable outside with a good deal of MUcape with KI between 30-35. Some cells that were svr in NJ/NY which have fizzled out working their way towards western CT and probably SW MA...could regenerate some.

I just shut all the windows.... 59/53 now.

You sound like my wife, Rick. We have a running battle on that. I say "grab another blanket". She thinks I'm insane. lol

Meanwhile, the storm that came through here at about 10:15 last night was impressive. It might have been too impressive.

I was already in bed but was awake enjoying the storm. We had a strike that had to have hit within a 100 yards of the house. Similar to Wiz's experience, the sound was here before the light was gone--at least so it seemed. I wasl already in bed. My first question was "what was hit". I then noticed and was somewhat surprised that the power had not gone out as that happens at the drop of a hat here. My final thought was that as soon as it's light, I'm going to take a stroll and look for the evidence.

Now for the bad news...............................I came down this morning to discover that my station isn't transmitting to my console. Looking at the station history, it appears that the transmission ended during the storm. My DP2 may have suffered death by a lightning strike. I'll be so bummed if that's the case. How ironic would it be though for a weather station to meet its demise due to a weather event.

Archived