• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Autumn in NNE

tamarack

Yeah, about 1500' or so at Brookfield. Mreaves is about the same elevation as here from what I remember. Incidentally, I just came in from wandering around the yard for a few minutes and there are some wet mangles flakes mixed in--not many, but a few.

The precip is real light right now, so maybe if it picks up, more snow will work it's way in.

The good thing is that I'm taking the day off, so I'll be here at the house all day and not spending my day deep in the CT valley. Gonna be firing up the tractor, hitching up the trailer and hauling in the last of this year's firewood, weather be damned. Almost have my five cords put up. Boo-yeah.

I am stuck here at work deep in the Valley, so I am jealous of you. But I will try and peek my head out from time to time and see what is going on outside.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I saw one flake as I walked out to the car this morning but it could have been a piece of ashing falling from a neighbor's chimney. Otherwise dry. The highest peaks of the Whites were snow covered yesterday as I drove home. It made for a very pretty sight with the late day light.

I think I saw one flake as I walked out to the car this morning but it could have been a piece of ashing falling from a neighbor's chimney. Otherwise dry. The highest peaks of the Whites were snow covered yesterday as I drove home. It made for a very pretty sight with the late day light.

:lol:

OK, officially snowing now, albeit lightly.

First flakes, 10/27, log it!

The highest peaks of the Whites were snow covered yesterday as I drove home. It made for a very pretty sight with the late day light.

Nice. Missed that yesterday, not coming home till well after dark. I'm sure they'll be socked in today but maybe tomorrow I'll see some nice white on Moosilauke. A little further up the hill from here, the Franconia Ridge is visible--I'll take a spin up there and see what I see tomorrow.

Washington, VT webcam showing some pretty good snow falling--closest webcam to here being only a few crow miles away. They're a little higher than here too (1500' too), but it's getting closer.

Yeah you have to be right on the line man. If you get a steady burst I bet it goes all snow. Snowing now at 1800ft in Ludlow per a friends obs.

I wish I could get a shower to move through here. I'm positive if it would precipitate it would be snow here at 1550ft at the base of the ski resort.

I am stuck here at work deep in the Valley, so I am jealous of you. But I will try and peek my head out from time to time and see what is going on outside.

Nah, you're not missing much other than the novelty. Pretty nasty out there actually. Probably won't snow in Hanover/Leb but it might. It's actually tappered off here just since my last post.

Allenson, can you post a link to the Washington webcam?

Sure thing--sticking to the trees there now!

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/html/cams/washington.shtml

Looks sweet on that cam.

We may have had a dusting from about mid-MTN on up last night. The ceiling is lifting and it could be light rime or a light dusting. Might have to go do recon for a trace on leaves and grass haha

It does look good there. Alas, can't report that much here. Seems to be tappering right off now and the whole batch of precip sagging slowly southeastward. Just some cold wet drizzle with a few mushy weenie flakes on occasion now.

Headed out--later dudes.

Every NWS office needs one of these. That page is a gem.

I agree I use this page all the time and wished the other offices had one as well.

This one I found somewhere on this board...it is for the West Coast, but it would be awesome if they had one for the East Coast as well. When you open it, at first it will just be Utah, but if you zoom out, it will cover all the Rockies and West Coast. I really like the roll over and webcam pops up feature :).

http://www.wrh.noaa....ams/webcams.htm

Was surprised to find flakes mixing in Lebanon when I got out of work at 2:30. Drove through mix rain and snow through Hanover and even up to Lyme and certainly more snow in the heavy bursts coming down. As I figured no precip falling here in Orford at the moment and temp about 3F warmer without the precip falling. I did notice that Lebanon is reporting straight snow now.

Did see a couple cars with a 1/2-1" of snow on them as well.

Awesome pics, Allenson!

Temp is down into the low 20s at the summit elevations around here. Wow that's chilly. Too bad its a dry cold up here.

Thanks man. Down to 31 here now and even that feels chilly--it's damp & raw out there with light snow still falling.

Just took the snow stick out to see. Found 0.2". The start of the snow season is in the books.

Nice to see some other NNEers getting in on a little action too. :snowman:

Archived