• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Autumn in NNE

tamarack

0.07" with the frontal showers last evening. 40F this morning.

As for any potential upcoming snow--I'm a little 'whatever' about the whole thing, though certainly keeping my ears open and eyes peeled. Even if it does snow, it's pretty unlikely that it would last any abount of time and be the start of the season's pack. It'd be more novelty snow than anything...but fun to watch, make no mistake. :mellow:

Same way of thinking here. Any snow that falls here will be gone by the end of the day on Thursday wooops, make that Friday., so we certainly aren't pack-building. I guess since it's been 6 months since the last snow that there's the excitement of a new season, plus I'd like to eclipse 100" so gottta make hay while the sun is up (poor analogy). Expecting flakes, hopeful for measureable, grounded in reality.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.07" with the frontal showers last evening. 40F this morning.

As for any potential upcoming snow--I'm a little 'whatever' about the whole thing, though certainly keeping my ears open and eyes peeled. Even if it does snow, it's pretty unlikely that it would last any abount of time and be the start of the season's pack. It'd be more novelty snow than anything...but fun to watch, make no mistake. :mellow:

I'm a little "whatever" too. I'm always excited about the first snow, but I think that right now I would almost like to see a mini drought. The woods are so wet so a little drying time before the ground freezes and real snow would be helpful for the snowmobile trails.

It would be cool if there was just enough snow to plow and we could get some of those piles to "glaciate" enough to stick around in the shade or a few natural patches to stick around on the north sides of things till the next storm. I could then say I had at least some snow on my property from Oct X till May X. Looks like I will be too far north on this AM runs to get plowable snow.

I'm a little "whatever" too. I'm always excited about the first snow, but I think that right now I would almost like to see a mini drought. The woods are so wet so a little drying time before the ground freezes and real snow would be helpful for the snowmobile trails.

No doubt we could use some drying time....and freezing time. The last thing I'd want to see would be a bunch of wet snow on top of wet, unfrozen ground. If I had my druthers, I'd vote for a nice freeze-drying for the next 3-4 weeks and start building the pack thereafter. Let's dry that ground out and get it nice and frozen first.

Indeed, the woods and the gound in general are terribly wet for this time of year. I actually left some small ruts in the yard the other day backing my firewood loaded pick-up to the woodpile.

But what the hell? Let's get a little bit just as a nice primer and help Jayhawk get to 100". ;)

I'm all for helping MaineJayHawk to get to 100"... that's a good reason for it to snow on Thurs/Fri.

We are definitely going to be too far north here above the Winooski Valley but I'm hoping we can at least pull some flurries or snow showers from NNW flow and orographics. Very little moisture though so can't forecast anything near accumulating upslope but some windy flurries are not out of the question.

I think Allenson-WxEye-Dryslot/JayHawk and southward has a good shot for at least a coating-1". Watch some band of frontogenesis end up pretty far removed to the north put down 2-3" from Allenson-WxEye.

I'm all for helping MaineJayHawk to get to 100"... that's a good reason for it to snow on Thurs/Fri.

We are definitely going to be too far north here above the Winooski Valley but I'm hoping we can at least pull some flurries or snow showers from NNW flow and orographics. Very little moisture though so can't forecast anything near accumulating upslope but some windy flurries are not out of the question.

I think Allenson-WxEye-Dryslot/JayHawk and southward has a good shot for at least a coating-1". Watch some band of frontogenesis end up pretty far removed to the north put down 2-3" from Allenson-WxEye.

Based on the 12z Nam, I would probably just see some flurries but thats the Nam..

Thanks for the support, guys. :lol:

I think C-1" for mby is a pretty good prediction, freak.

Morning AFD from GYX gives you a better chance than me, with a farther east track (and storm #2 OTS for both of us.)

Even in Ft. Kent I never had continuous snowcover begin in Oct. 1976 was close, with the last week of Oct having 2-3" and it never quite all melting, though only "T" for ground cover. In the woods NW of Allagash village, however, the white stayed after 10/26 or so, and the roads remained frozen after several mid-teens mornings that week.

Down to 31 for a low this morning with some light frost. Up to 34 now, clouds coming in.

Snow threat seems pretty meh at this point. No worries though, we'll get ours.

34F for a low this morning...no frost that I could see.

At least this +15 departure stuff is out of here. I am looking forward to these highs near 40F and lows in the 20-25F range we have coming up. Looking at the zone forecast you would think that small ponds might start building skim ice by next Monday.

Two or three storms all miss to the south/east - hope that's not going to be a pattern. Forecast for MBY has now turned to cool but boring, 6 days (Thurs-Tues) of upper 40s/mid-upper 20s, with zero POP. GYX sometimes seems to favor "even-flow" forecasts, but even for them it's uncommon to see 6 consecutive days with precisely the same high temps progged (and the last 4 all have lows in the upper 20s.)

34F for a low this morning...no frost that I could see.

At least this +15 departure stuff is out of here. I am looking forward to these highs near 40F and lows in the 20-25F range we have coming up. Looking at the zone forecast you would think that small ponds might start building skim ice by next Monday.

Yeah, we stayed clear over here last night until the clouds rolled in during the wee dark hours of the morning...and I reckon had a bit more time to drop a few more degrees.

And yep again, nice mid-20s for lows starting Thursday night and right into early next week. Definitely'll be seeing some skim ice starting to form overnight and into the morns.

Well, the upcoming pattern does look a little quiet for us at the present but that's fine with me for now. November is the last hurrah for winter-prep and a period of quiet contemplations before the Old Man's fury. I for one still have quite a list to get through before the party really gets cranking. :scooter:

No snow here--36F and light rain. There's a coating of snow visible on the Brookfield webcam, which isn't too far from here, but a little higher, so it's close. I wouldn't be surprised if there was snow on the heights just a couple miles above here (1800').

I'm surprised you aren't snow...how high up is mreaves? We just had some vendors come in from Barre saying it was snowing lightly when they left an hour ago.

The composite radar has that light snow look on that band in central VT. Like Borderwx we'll be sitting out up here though I wouldn't rule out a stray flurry. Low ceiling though with all the high terrain obscured above 2K or so.

Isn't that Brookfield cam around 1500ft?

I'm surprised you aren't snow...how high up is mreaves? We just had some vendors come in from Barre saying it was snowing lightly when they left an hour ago.

The composite radar has that light snow look on that band in central VT. Like Borderwx we'll be sitting out up here though I wouldn't rule out a stray flurry. Low ceiling though with all the high terrain obscured above 2K or so.

Yeah, about 1500' or so at Brookfield. Mreaves is about the same elevation as here from what I remember. Incidentally, I just came in from wandering around the yard for a few minutes and there are some wet mangles flakes mixed in--not many, but a few.

The precip is real light right now, so maybe if it picks up, more snow will work it's way in.

The good thing is that I'm taking the day off, so I'll be here at the house all day and not spending my day deep in the CT valley. Gonna be firing up the tractor, hitching up the trailer and hauling in the last of this year's firewood, weather be damned. Almost have my five cords put up. Boo-yeah.

I think that I am between 1100' and 1200', about the same or a little higher than KMPV. When I click on NWS map for Graniteville it puts me at 1342' but that seems a bit high. Anyway, the snow came in one of the heavier bursts of precip around 6:00 am. There was a little spitting snow on my way in through Berlin on I-89 but the roads were dry as I hit Montpelier.

Archived