• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Autumn in NNE

tamarack

Not here yet, but shouldn't be far if it's begun in LEW.

18z gfs cut qpf significantly - AUG had been showing 1.1" or more consistently, now 0.75"; RUM had shown 0.8" or a bit more, now 0.5". Would still be huge for Oct, especially as the run had slightly cooler temps thus better fluff (and maybe less utilities destruction), but I didn't like the trend.

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark, There is that intense band thats moving in here off the gulf of maine, Its prob 5 miles to my south but it looks like there is some 1-2"/hr rates in there

at least that Jeff...I bet some of that is more than 2/hour. I got 2 in the last 1hour 10 minutes, which was surprising to me as I didn't think it was snowing that hard. Sucks having a big storm at night. Huge blow up in the 30dbzs just to my south incoming now. blowing up to me ne as well and that will continue up to you.

at least that Jeff...I bet some of that is more than 2/hour. I got 2 in the last 1hour 10 minutes, which was surprising to me as I didn't think it was snowing that hard. Sucks having a big storm at night. Huge blow up in the 30dbzs just to my south incoming now. blowing up to me ne as well and that will continue up to you.

Yeah, Its over here now and has been pretty steady for the last hr, Flake size is incredibly large

Snow started up here at the house right around 8:40 P.M., and has slowly been increasing in intensity since that point. When I checked the elevated snowboard at 9:40 P.M. the snow had already started to accumulate and the first tenth of an inch was down. Thus, this will go down as the first accumulating snowfall event of the season here and I’ve flipped the signature to the 2011-2012 version. Snow is not yet accumulating on the ground etc. As they were suggesting, the BTV NWS put Winter Weather Advisories up for our county and the other fringe counties in Vermont for 2 to 5 inches of accumulation, so this is also our first Winter Weather Advisory of the season.

29.4F moderate snow 4" so far. Our town has decided they will not plow most of our roads for this storm. I talk to the selectmen and they said the dirt roads (75%) of our town are too soft and muddy and that the plows will just dig them up. They said the forecast was going to be in the 40's all of next week and it will melt quickly. I told them I was not so sure about that. They were not expecting more than 6" but I see the 0Z NAM is boosting QPF and we already have 4" and its snowing over 1" per hour. Will be interesting getting down my 1 mile dirt road tomorrow without any plowing. We will see how this goes!

29.4F moderate snow 4" so far. Our town has decided they will not plow most of our roads for this storm. I talk to the selectmen and they said the dirt roads (75%) of our town are too soft and muddy and that the plows will just dig them up. They said the forecast was going to be in the 40's all of next week and it will melt quickly. I told them I was not so sure about that. They were not expecting more than 6" but I see the 0Z NAM is boosting QPF and we already have 4" and its snowing over 1" per hour. Will be interesting getting down my 1 mile dirt road tomorrow without any plowing. We will see how this goes!

Uber heavy snow. Mid/upper level frontogenesis ftw. Enjoy man...we'll probably never see this in October again. :snowman:

Event totals: 1.0” Snow/0.09” L.E.

Sunday 10/30/2011 6:00 A.M. update: Temperatures were a little marginal down at this elevation, and with warm ground, raised surfaces definitely supported better snow accumulation than the ground. CoCoRaHS asks for the nearest half inch for stake measurements, and a half inch of depth is just about right for what we’re seeing here on the ground, while the snowboard accumulation was right on at 1.0 inches. There’s at least another tenth of an inch of accumulation on the board since the clearing, but snowfall looks like it is winding down pretty quickly per the BTV Composite Radar:

30OCT11A.gif

I skinned up all the skis last night, so they’re ready to go; we’ll see what we find off to the south and I’ll post some pictures if we get out on the snow.

Some details from the 6:00 A.M. observations are below:

New Snow: 1.0 inches

New Liquid: 0.09 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 11.1

Snow Density: 9.0% H2O

Temperature: 32.5 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-5 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 0.5 inches

Temperatures here didn't reach freezing last night. 32.9 currently with moderate snow. It's accumulating on the grass and cars but having a very tough time sticking to the gravel driveway and the paved roads. eyeballing the grass looks like we have about 4 or 5 inches.

Hey not bad! Not often that the valley beats us out here. ;)

But yeah, I was just browsing the public info statements--incredible stuff from not too far from here. I think I see Dendrite's 19.1" under Merrimack Co.

That is very true!!!

Just saw a CoCoRaHs report from Bow, Nh of 25.8"!!! The tree damage must be crazy down there.

Archived