Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats! That's the coolest temp in all New England. Even places over 2K by the Canadian border are warmer.

You'd think eventually one would scratch their head and say "gee that doesn't seem right..." Even places like Caribou and Houlton ME, pretty much among the furthest northern points in the contiguous U.S. at 46 to nearly 47 degrees north in latitude are in the upper-70s. Actually almost all of Maine is 75-80, and even Mt. Washington is in the mid-50s.

You'd think eventually one would scratch their head and say "gee that doesn't seem right..." Even places like Caribou and Houlton ME, pretty much among the furthest northern points in the contiguous U.S. at 46 to nearly 47 degrees north in latitude are in the upper-70s. Actually almost all of Maine is 75-80, and even Mt. Washington is in the mid-50s.

MWN at 2300' is 69.4. There is an inversion between 2 and 4k where elevations in that range have similar temps. Above 4k, the temp drops off quickly again.

MWN at 2300' is 69.4. There is an inversion between 2 and 4k where elevations in that range have similar temps. Above 4k, the temp drops off quickly again.

Neat find. Is that at the base of the Auto Road?

The meso site in my town that I use as a reference is showing 76.4F, high of 76.6

Here at work it is closer to 80-81, KFIT in the bowl shows 82.0F... please go away, summer!

I don't usually comment about someone's temps because of micro climates, but that stood out to me. I was looking at temps at 2300' in Vermont at 73° and at 1900' at the CT Lakes at the very tip of NH in an evergreen forest at 72°.

Sure feels like Indian Summer out there though! We'll see some really good temperature differentials in a couple of days.

All this torchy talk just warms my heart. Sweating like a dog today, but it feels great! One more torch day, couple day cooldown then we warm it back up.

Endless summer :thumbsup:

(looking forward to a couple crisp nights, always wondered what it was like to live in westchesterfield in the summer)

Hey, Scoob. I think my readings today are pretty consistent with a number of the others out here. Is that 84 at CEF on the tarmac? Geesh.

76.1/63

My opinion is that you are usually 8 or 9 degrees cooler than I on any given day so that seems about right but as previously posted these days are numbered as the big chill is coming.

It's 80, but it simply doesn't have the punch of a Summer heat. The sun is a lot weaker and it isn't too humid. It feels fine and might as well enjoy it fwiw because we are about to plunge off the temperature cliff. :)

Also my fields desperately need to dry so I can get the bush hog on them to finish cutting them down...hate to see any brush etc. gain a foothold.

tongue.gif

82/62, about +7 on the high here today so far.

It's 80, but it simply doesn't have the punch of a Summer heat. The sun is a lot weaker and it isn't too humid. It feels fine and might as well enjoy it fwiw because we are about to plunge off the temperature cliff. :)

Also my fields desperately need to dry so I can get the bush hog on them to finish cutting them down...hate to see any brush etc. gain a foothold.

You forgot to include the delightfully cool breeze.

The temperature differential around here is hugely dependent on the wind direction. No downlsope factor today and I am 80 and ALB is 82 now. Later in the week it could be as much as 8 degrees cooler here if a northwest wind down slopes the valley. A similar situation should set up in the Berks versus CEF, etc.

My opinion is that you are usually 8 or 9 degrees cooler than I on any given day so that seems about right but as previously posted these days are numbered as the big chill is coming.

Archived