e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
September 2011

WeatherX

Well folks.....

-dust off the blankets

-bring in the ac units

-stock up on scotch and red wine.......and octoberfest brews (especially fat tire)

-make some home made soups, sauces, stews, meatballs, chilli's

-cut and stack the wood

-light the firepit

-get the chimney swept

-stock up on scotch and red wine......and octoberfest brew

I think we have a squirrel in ours... not sure what to do...

The pool is still open here... of course no one uses it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just finished raking again, massive acorns in number, I think Irene screwed fall colors up, tree leafs looking rather dull and shriveled. Lots of trees have less than half of foliage in my hood.

That combined with all the late summer early fall rains might make for a very dull foilage season, of course there are always amazing patches even in the worst years.

Supposedly that is a bad idea... have you ever done that? Imagine if it died in there? The smell would be worse than Ray' farts

It's probably living in the walls--no big deal. Just makes a little noise while your trying to sleep. We get that often enough.

75.3/62

Nice to see even here a 34 and 37 showing up on the p/c. Will never materialize--I give 41 for Friday night. Congrats to everyone else, though.

:snowman: :snowman:

It's probably living in the walls--no big deal. Just makes a little noise while your trying to sleep. We get that often enough.

75.3/62

Nice to see even here a 34 and 37 showing up on the p/c. Will never materialize--I give 41 for Friday night. Congrats to everyone else, though.

:snowman: :snowman:

lol... no, def. in the chimney. We saw it go in before. Newer house, but I think we have had chipmunks in the wall of the garage before...

I have a 34 and 36 in my point n click, but not sure we will achieve that. Soccer will be fun Sat. morning. Coffee ftw

Whoops, wrong location... 36 and 39

Fri night will have widespread frost I think in the favored spots if the Euro is right. The sfc high essentially crests overhead on late Fri night/early Sat morning with 850 temps of +2ish and dry air. That would produce a lot of frost.

Sept 10-11, 1995 might be a pretty good analog. I remember it got down into the low to mid 30s in a lot of the normal radiational cooling spots and even ORH got down to like 40F. We had a couple cold air masses that September in an otherwise very mild fall until it flipped late Oct.

Yeah text book radiational plummet. Pete might go below 0.

lol... no, def. in the chimney. We saw it go in before. Newer house, but I think we have had chipmunks in the wall of the garage before...

I have a 34 and 36 in my point n click, but not sure we will achieve that. Soccer will be fun Sat. morning. Coffee ftw

Whoops, wrong location... 36 and 39

Whatever we get, you know you'll be a lot colder than me.

LOL, you hate that. Thing is, you'll get yours later in the season. So OWD will be colder than you. Big deal when you are S+ and they are 38 and rain in January.

He needs to dig a big pit at the Pit and place his sensor in it....

Living on top of GC has it's disadvantages sometimes. I am not sure why I radiate so well.

You and Will have great memories

Wow, I didn't even know he brought that date up, lol. I immediately thought of Sept 1995 when I saw the Euro. There was actually another cold shot too a few days later. The rest of the autumn was really warm though until late October flipped.

CPC hitting big surf hard next week

AS THE HIGH PRESSURE CENTER MOVES OFF THE EAST COAST, A STRONG PRESSURE GRADIENT, AMPLIFIED BY A LOW PRESSURE WAVE TO THE SOUTH, IS EXPECTED TO CAUSE WAVES OF 4-5 METERS FROM THE DELMARVA COASTLINE SOUTH TO NORTHERN SOUTH CAROLINA. IN ADDITION, HEAVY RAINFALL OF OVER AN INCH IS ALSO ANTICIPATED FOR EASTERN PARTS OF NORTH CAROLINA.

Fri night will have widespread frost I think in the favored spots if the Euro is right. The sfc high essentially crests overhead on late Fri night/early Sat morning with 850 temps of +2ish and dry air. That would produce a lot of frost.

Sept 10-11, 1995 might be a pretty good analog. I remember it got down into the low to mid 30s in a lot of the normal radiational cooling spots and even ORH got down to like 40F. We had a couple cold air masses that September in an otherwise very mild fall until it flipped late Oct.

You and me won't drop below 44

FOR WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 21 - TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 27: MOST NUMERICAL MODEL GUIDANCE IS INDICATING A CONTINUATION OF THE PATTERN DURING THIS PERIOD, WHICH INCLUDES A MEAN TROUGH IN THE EAST AND A RIDGE IN THE WEST. THIS WOULD CONTINUE BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES ACROSS THE EASTERN HALF OF THE COUNTRY AND ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES ACROSS THE WEST. THIS PATTERN ALSO DOES NOT FAVOR PRECIPITATION HAZARDS FROM EXTRATROPICAL SYSTEMS. HOWEVER, SOME MODEL SOLUTIONS ARE HINTING AT AN ACTIVE PERIOD FOR THE TROPICS IN THE CARIBBEAN.

CPC hitting big surf hard next week

AS THE HIGH PRESSURE CENTER MOVES OFF THE EAST COAST, A STRONG PRESSURE GRADIENT, AMPLIFIED BY A LOW PRESSURE WAVE TO THE SOUTH, IS EXPECTED TO CAUSE WAVES OF 4-5 METERS FROM THE DELMARVA COASTLINE SOUTH TO NORTHERN SOUTH CAROLINA. IN ADDITION, HEAVY RAINFALL OF OVER AN INCH IS ALSO ANTICIPATED FOR EASTERN PARTS OF NORTH CAROLINA.

Could be a pretty interesting hybrid type storm se of the OBX

You and OWD are pretty similar temp-wise, no?

They are always great wrt rad-cooling.

Bogs ftw

If you are referring to me, yes.

TAN is a low lying area. 40' ASL. It's surrounded by cranberry bogs as well as the relatively large Lake Rico to the E. Huge heat sink.

I see BOX has updated their p/c forecast and has me for a low of 38F. That will be refreshing to wake up to Sat morning.

Archived