Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 80, but it simply doesn't have the punch of a Summer heat. The sun is a lot weaker and it isn't too humid. It feels fine and might as well enjoy it fwiw because we are about to plunge off the temperature cliff. :)

Also my fields desperately need to dry so I can get the bush hog on them to finish cutting them down...hate to see any brush etc. gain a foothold.

It does feel like a nice warm day out there. Last time we see 80° till next spring?

If your fields are big enough, you could rent them out for hay. Make money instead of work....

Look at that big high moving in on Ryan's graphic from PSU NARR. We'll have a 1032 high right on top of our fanny this weekend. Lows in the burbs will plummet big time.

Yeah looks like a pretty similar setup to the previously record cold mid September days.

Some areas that decouple may get a surprise frost come Saturday AM.

Look at that big high moving in on Ryan's graphic from PSU NARR. We'll have a 1032 high right on top of our fanny this weekend. Lows in the burbs will plummet big time.

I could see spotty frost if things break right. Not saying it will happen. Not sure what the 850's were this past Sunday but I managed to get down to 44F. I think this cool stretch is modeled to be colder that that so I could see a 36-37F reading.

I could see spotty frost if things break right. Not saying it will happen. Not sure what the 850's were this past Sunday but I managed to get down to 44F. I think this cool stretch is modeled to be colder that that so I could see a 36-37F reading.

If this comes in as planned, I would not be shocked if you hit low 30s. If the dews are in the mid 30s..it is quite possible.

Friday night football games should be nice and chilly...in the 40s for most. Should fall through the 50s and into the 40s quickly once the sun sets Friday. Highs Friday probably 65 BDL, 62 for me, 59 ORH/TOL, 56 for Pete, and 28 or so at 2K. wink.gif

Can't wait for this...took the A/Cs out Sunday and I might wish I had it tonight.

I could see like 34 or something perhaps. It will be interesting to see, because 32 is not far fetched.

Fri night will have widespread frost I think in the favored spots if the Euro is right. The sfc high essentially crests overhead on late Fri night/early Sat morning with 850 temps of +2ish and dry air. That would produce a lot of frost.

Sept 10-11, 1995 might be a pretty good analog. I remember it got down into the low to mid 30s in a lot of the normal radiational cooling spots and even ORH got down to like 40F. We had a couple cold air masses that September in an otherwise very mild fall until it flipped late Oct.

Well folks.....

-dust off the blankets

-bring in the ac units

-stock up on scotch and red wine.......and octoberfest brews (especially fat tire)

-make some home made soups, sauces, stews, meatballs, chilli's

-cut and stack the wood

-light the firepit

-get the chimney swept

-stock up on scotch and red wine......and octoberfest brew

I just finished raking again, massive acorns in number, I think Irene screwed fall colors up, tree leafs looking rather dull and shriveled. Lots of trees have less than half of foliage in my hood.

Compared to last autumn/late summer, the acorn crop up here is much diminished. Although the individual nuts are larger.

Big nuts!

I know last year was some cyclical bounty acorn-wise. Still 95% or so of leaves still on the trees...grass is still growing like a m-fooker.

Archived