joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a good bet John, looks like the first few nights will be warm contributing to a positive departure for the first week of Sept, however looks like there a few cool shots on the horizon as well. I think the tropics might have a say?

Looks like a mean PNA ridge out west with a corridor of troughing on the EC...Tropics galore.....

There are already some subtle hints of color here in Rindge, NH. Even the general forest (Birch/maple) has a bunch of hints.

Nate, you know this as a smart guy (and weenie) when you suddenly notice something weather related, especially out of the corner of your eye that seems unusual.....I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I've seen so I don't get bashed apart, but I think September 2nd is most certainly on the early side for color down here....

Nate, you know this as a smart guy (and weenie) when you suddenly notice something weather related, especially out of the corner of your eye that seems unusual.....I'll take some pics tomorrow of what I've seen so I don't get bashed apart, but I think September 2nd is most certainly on the early side for color down here....

I usually notice it on swamp maples and trees in very dry areas by early September down there. I remember a lot of stressed trees last summer were showing color by the time school started, certainly. It's unusual in the general forest but not in a few exceptions.

I usually notice it on swamp maples and trees in very dry areas by early September down there. I remember a lot of stressed trees last summer were showing color by the time school started, certainly. It's unusual in the general forest but not in a few exceptions.

Yeah we can't use stress or dryness as an excuse this year down here, for sure. I will say that we've been running low 50's for mins the last few mornings which has been quite nice for late August-well below forecasts.....

Yeah we can't use stress or dryness as an excuse this year down here, for sure. I will say that we've been running low 50's for mins the last few mornings which has been quite nice for late August-well below forecasts.....

Yeah, I think we got down to around 50F last night here in Rindge, NH.

Forecast shows some 40s after the cold front, but we'll see if it gets hung up depending on what the tropics do.

Archived