Newest Member
    joxey
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You getting settled in nicely yet?

I only got here yesterday, and the students haven't yet arrived, so it's mostly the sordid orientation stuff so far. Faculty seems nice, campus is beautiful, wish the Internet were better, lol. Seems like it should be a decent job but we'll see once I start teaching; I'll be dealing with lots of students with special needs (it's mostly for ADHD/Aspergers), so that could be an issue. I've worked with some special ed students before when I was a substitute, but it's a little different when you live with them.

I only got here yesterday, and the students haven't yet arrived, so it's mostly the sordid orientation stuff so far. Faculty seems nice, campus is beautiful, wish the Internet were better, lol. Seems like it should be a decent job but we'll see once I start teaching; I'll be dealing with lots of students with special needs (it's mostly for ADHD/Aspergers), so that could be an issue. I've worked with some special ed students before when I was a substitute, but it's a little different when you live with them.

Hike Monadnock yet? Always fun. You and Sam should do that when he is around

We want a dry autumn for the best colors. Warm days and cool nights (while being dry) are the best conditions for foliage. You don't want hard freezes or multiple frosts either.

I seem to recall a year way back in the 80s when I was in school at Lyndon and it was a very mild and dry autumn. It was also very calm. So much in fact that at one time there was a time when you could drive through most of CT all the way up the CT River Valley past White River Jct and see peak foliage. I had to go down to the coast for some reason in October and we had all noticed how far the foliage lasted....it was a really late year and it lasted a long time.

I remember asking about it and was told that there was nothing stressing the trees so they just took their time.

You own it now. Try not to think about all the bits and pieces now, there's plenty of time for that. You are an Educator. Work your magic in the classroom and I am sure everything else will fall into place for you.

I'm off to watch Klinsmans first real test with our Mens Team.

Jumpa Lagi, Nate

Zach Brown band and a little Alabama aint so bad.

Always good.

Hey-by the way, US Mens team plays Costa Rica at 11pm and we've got the German, Klinsman at the helm. New guy, new hope for glory....I'm latched on just so I don't have to answer questions back over seas why we suck so bad at "football"....

Archived