• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2011

WeatherX

Almost with you there, but I have to take the snows/cold of winter over it--though November is about my favorite month.

By the way, I think you need a new "h" key on your keyboard. lol

Temps in reverse--69.9/64

No temp bust here- beautiful morning even though its a little humid.

77/64 at 11:40, right on pace for the 82* high predicted.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting a big bust (not Miser's avatar unfortantely). Even the revised forecasts have our zones with "around 80*" for the high. That's on the heels of the updated AFD that says they're lowering temp expectations.

69.5/65

:thumbsup:

I was just outside picking up branches that came down as I prep to mow for one of the last times this year. I have a lot of maple leaves down already, how about you? Trees really showing the signs of the season now. I think you are right about the temp bust. I have a solidly overcast sky now ant the temp is going nowhere fast.

I was just outside picking up branches that came down as I prep to mow for one of the last times this year. I have a lot of maple leaves down already, how about you? Trees really showing the signs of the season now. I think you are right about the temp bust. I have a solidly overcast sky now ant the temp is going nowhere fast.

Sun's broken though a bit while I was in the shower, but still pretty solid overcast.

Temp has leapt up to 71.2/66. Not bad for noon.

The forecast highs today are definitely busting too high.... Still 70 here at 11:30 AM. They lowered the forecast high here to 80, but I'd be pretty surprised if we get there.

It really takes an optimum Bermuda High kind of deal now to get region wide 85-90. Yeah we know it has happened, but it's getting hard with an April 8th sun angle.

BTW ...look at the NAM breaking Lee in two and sending a wave up here to saturate the flood zones of the Catskills with up to 5 inches, and "son of Lee" dropping south in the gulf to live another day as a cane.

No offense, but they can keep the higher amounts. Uncomfortably close to here

70/63, I'm guessing 2-2:30. Been a long time since we've seen 80 despite being constantly told how warm it's been.lol

You're average high is like 72F now right? Hitting 80F wouldn't just be "warm"... it would be "very warm" lol

Mid 70s is warm for you now. Same with me up here. Average low up here is now right around 50F... the next few nights are going to be very warm relative to average, too. If we start doing 55F to Mid-70s we're a solid +5F above normal.

Moneypitmike in the north there is the cool spot... looks like even Peru at near 2,000ft is mid-70s (75F). Some 80s showing up just south of Pete.

That's gotta be a good +8F above normal... I'd bet Peru's average this time of year is upper 60s.

When Snowman21 did the averages for here for the end of the month of August they were like 76/54 or something like that. I couldn't care any less what statistical norm is. All I care about is the real feel and it feels quite nice out there with filtered sun. I'm doing yardwork and I haven't broken a sweat.

Moneypitmike in the north there is the cool spot... looks like even Peru at near 2,000ft is mid-70s (75F). Some 80s showing up just south of Pete.

That's gotta be a good +8F above normal... I'd bet Peru's average this time of year is upper 60s.

OOOPs! looks like temps have slipped since 11:30AM.lol

When Snowman21 did the averages for here for the end of the month of August they were like 76/54 or something like that. I couldn't care any less what statistical norm is. All I care about is the real feel and it feels quite nice out there with filtered sun. I'm doing yardwork and I haven't broken a sweat.

Yeah I hear ya, but in terms of saying if its "warm" or "cold", there's really no way to quantify it unless you compare it to normals. I mean we could have an absolute scorcher of a summer and the "real feel" of Mountain Operations crews building the summit Quad terminal would still say, "its been a cool summer" as the temperature never broke 75F (which would be like +10-15 above normal, lol).

I just like to use departures from normal as a truly unbiased opinion of how the weather has been... I'm not always on a cold or warm train... to me it is what the numbers say it is (there are a few exceptions to that though).

A little rusty browning of some trees here and there....but 95% green. This isn't the real deal color yet, but typical for early September. You can't blame dryness this year so must just be the natural stress on the leaves with the declining sun angle.

LOL... definitely odd. Look at the time stamp on the map I posted, then look at yours. Something seems odd in that 15 minute time difference. Did some showers or clouds move in?

Just cloudy. Chester Hill at 73 as well. Magical place here that's all. Ullr grows restless.

I think what I computed was legit for your area. Now your back yard may be a little different so you have to +/- a little from those numbers to true it up. I used to always have more negative departures (because of my low temps) than the official stations which I knew wasn't due to living in a much colder climate. Fortunately I have a decade worth of daily records (plus another 12 years written down in notebooks), so I just computed my monthly averages and calculated offsets from the official stations' averages. Now my monthly departures are much more accurate and in line with the climate sites - even though my normal lows are a lot colder than the climate sites to account for my better radiating location. That's really the way you have to approach the problem. If you really don't care about statistical norms how can you ever make a claim as to whether you're -2 or +2 if you have no idea what the normals are?

its freezing, light snow on the eastern slope, summer was frigid, what are you talking about?

The fact that I only hit 80 twice the whole month of August speaks for itself. I had 4x the number of 60 degree highs than 80 degree highs. You may have roasted down there but here it was mild at best.

I think what I computed was legit for your area. Now your back yard may be a little different so you have to +/- a little from those numbers to true it up. I used to always have more negative departures (because of my low temps) than the official stations which I knew wasn't due to living in a much colder climate. Fortunately I have a decade worth of daily records (plus another 12 years written down in notebooks), so I just computed my monthly averages and calculated offsets from the official stations' averages. Now my monthly departures are much more accurate and in line with the climate sites - even though my normal lows are a lot colder than the climate sites to account for my better radiating location. That's really the way you have to approach the problem. If you really don't care about statistical norms how can you ever make a claim as to whether you're -2 or +2 if you have no idea what the normals are?

I'm not disputing your calculations, in fact using your numbers it's clear that August was not a torch here. When i have the time perhaps I'll post Augusts daily hi/lo's for you to do a forensic reconstruction of the +/- departures.

Well, the torch run is on. Sun's been struggling through heavy haze/clouds for the last couple hours and it's having it's effect.

76.9/70. Pete, I think your earlier 77-79 call might be on target.

73/68 here presently. A look at the meso map shows why guys like Blizz and LL always think it's hot. look at the extreme heat they are enduring yet again. Poor blokes living down on a hot barren plain, almost feel sorry for them. Day after day being brutalized by the heat, no wonder they drink so much.lol Also now with ashfield off line you can see how data sparse our region is. Just the way we like it in the hidden highlands.

73/68 here presently. A look at the meso map shows why guys like Blizz and LL always think it's hot. look at the extreme heat they are enduring yet again. Poor blokes living down on a hot barren plain, almost feel sorry for them. Day after day being brutalized by the heat, no wonder they drink so much.lol Also now with ashfield off line you can see how data sparse our region is. Just the way we like it in the hidden highlands.

I'm in Rindge, NH at 1300' and we're torching here...easily low 80s. AFN up to 80F, and some of the mesonets are warmer though I don't know if they have a proper solar shield. 850s are near +20C, Pete, of course it's warm out. We have a heat ridge advecting in from the OH Valley.

Archived