• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
September 2011

WeatherX

Irene cooled the water temps and the last couple days it has been cooler than average down at the beaches for this time of year. A ton of seaweed and a lot of big rocks were washed up last weekend and it has lingered all week. Yesterday I saw a private beach burning all of it because this beach appeared to be hosting a large wedding last night. I don't know why it took them all week to remove the seaweed because it was really starting to smell worse than Wiz's Miley blow-up doll.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irene cooled the water temps and the last couple days it has been cooler than average down at the beaches for this time of year. A ton of seaweed and a lot of big rocks were washed up last weekend and it has lingered all week. Yesterday I saw a private beach burning all of it because this beach appeared to be hosting a large wedding last night. I don't know why it took them all week to remove the seaweed because it was really starting to smell worse than Wiz's Miley blow-up doll.

That was truly uncalled for on a Sunday morning. Just gacked up a little breakfast.

Wow, I haven't been following the synoptic pattern across the country that closely. Check out the intense cold front cutting through the southern plains with the classic Canadian high nosing southward.

OKC, after reaching 100+ in the last 5 days, and 61 times in the last 82 days, will be stuck in the 70's tomorrow

Sun is beginning to show signs of breaking through the fog. I guess my temp may start rising more than the 2.5* that it's come up since 6:50 this morning.

Edit/update:

About an hour later (12:05)and the sun still has not broken thorugh, though it does continue to threaten to. Temp up to 68.8/68. Might have an 80* fail again.

81/67

This is what labor day weekend should be like.........all the talk of washouts were a major bust, salvaged two out of 3 days, yesterday and today is about as beautfiul as it gets! Off to the beach, have fun peeps.

Heading to the sox game, agree that this is what a holiday weekend is all about even if it is a little swampy. Have fun at the beach.

Did you catch d10 on last night's Euro? There's some cold air lurking to our N-NE that is just waiting to backdoor in at the right time.

Yeah I think we'll have a frost at some point by mid month or the equinox in the favorable spots...while the month as a whole I think will be above average, the cold air lurking up there will probably infiltrate the region at some point, even if only briefly.

Crazy day at the Pit. Is it sunny everywhere else that's causing you all to be hot? Just got back from the hateful Yankee Candle trip to find that the sun never made it out. In fact, not even all the fog has burned off. Humid as hell, but the 80*-free street will stand. Breeze feels nice though.

74.4/72

Edit: passing shower and rumbles

Warm and humid, I like Wills idea of a warm September, it follows nina climo nicely. Looking forward to hearing from the big guns regarding this winter, what a perfect week to overseed all of my properties.

I am starting to get worried that the strength of the Niña could become overpowering. It might be difficult to see the same degree of blocking given the second year La Niña and its intensity. Analogs with steep latitudinal gradients such as 70-71 and 07-08 are starting to have more merit, in my opinion.

I am starting to get worried that the strength of the Niña could become overpowering. It might be difficult to see the same degree of blocking given the second year La Niña and its intensity. Analogs with steep latitudinal gradients such as 70-71 and 07-08 are starting to have more merit, in my opinion.

I agree, I think Will was alluding to the fact that perhaps he was leaning to a more moderate nina.

I agree, I think Will was alluding to the fact that perhaps he was leaning to a more moderate nina.

I still think the La Niña would end up a bit weaker than 70-71/07-08, and with a more negative NAO like the former winter. I could see 00-01 being a decent analog with the coast seeing near average snowfall and cold temperatures while Northern New England sees much, much more in the way of snow. I really like where I'm sitting in NH with the Niña moving into moderate range.

It hit 79.7 here today after yesterday's 80.2. The low was 63.

That might be it for 80+ this year here.... It could always nudge 80 again in September, but 50/50 at best.

A line of storms in the late morning and a few more storms over the last few hours. That cooled it down to a muggy 67/66 as of now.

Even wooooooosta hit 80 :thumbsup:

70-71 was the first winter I had any consciousness about ...and it was very very snowy. :) So that analog would work well for those us at our latitude. 07-08 was very good also.

I still think the La Niña would end up a bit weaker than 70-71/07-08, and with a more negative NAO like the former winter. I could see 00-01 being a decent analog with the coast seeing near average snowfall and cold temperatures while Northern New England sees much, much more in the way of snow. I really like where I'm sitting in NH with the Niña moving into moderate range.

You definitely want taht 07-08 analogue in Rindge. Almost 150 for me north of Concord. stil 2ft plus on the level when we bought the house 3/31/08.

Archived