wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I covered the external central a/c unit before Irene... I can deal with a little humidity since I know this is it for the season... .....it's in hibernation until June now. :) If you add up each day maybe I had it on for 15 days all summer, but very welcome that one hot week.

High of 79.5, so call it 80. First 80 in a while

Humidity was and continues to be the real issue. Hit 75 on the td

Currently 71/70. AC cranking and still sticky

Went to the Spencer Fair for a while. Meh

Wow. Rick. I did not trealize that was taking place.

We ended up getting rocked pretty good with a strom at 3:30a.m. Lots of lightning many strikes which inlucded instantaeous, houwe shaking thunder claps. Picked up .63" of rain in it. One odd thing was I don't think there was a breath of wind during it--at least that's how it appeared to this bleary-eyed middle ager wrapped under his blanket. Good prep for later on I suppose with the flood watch up Pretty ugly for many of us.

65.6/65

I could see the hills staying in the upper 50's tomorrow. Great for the first day of school pictures with cold rain. Finally a day where MRG can claim it's cool and rainy and actually be right

Yeah, all those August days when the highs remained in the 60's with rain were actually hot steam baths. My summer forecast was infinitely better than your's Ct.Torch. Did you even hit 85 in brutal torch month of August that you predicted?

After missing 80 yesterday and then the light show last night we've now crossed the threshold into an Autumn regime. The descent has begun.

Were you getting the lights or the whole 9 yards down there? I don't think I've ever seen a storm with the extent of the thunder/lightning and torrential rains that had not a breath of wind associated with it. While my wind speeds are always recording low due to siting, the high I've had for the day was 4 mph, and that was more more than an hour before the storm.

65.6/65

Were you getting the lights or the whole 9 yards down there? I don't think I've ever seen a storm with the extent of the thunder/lightning and torrential rains that had not a breath of wind associated with it. While my wind speeds are always recording low due to siting, the high I've had for the day was 4 mph, and that was more more than an hour before the storm.

65.6/65

How much rain did it give you?

After missing 80 yesterday and then the light show last night we've now crossed the threshold into an Autumn regime. The descent has begun.

We may be able to lock in August 7 as the last day of the summer that we hit 80*. Two days in the month hit 80*, say what folks will wrt to departures, there was nothing painful sensibly about the month up here.

Here's metrological summer 2011 at the Pit.

The maples are beginning to change color. There are several trees in my yard that have fruit that looks like miniature cherries. I have no idea what they are. The leaves on those are turning to a brownish yellow. The leaves will drop quickly from those.

71F and humid.

The maples are beginning to change color. There are several tree in my yard that have fruit that looks like miniature cherries. I have no idea what they are. The leaves on those are turning to a brownish yellow. The leaves will drop quickly from those.

71F and humid.

Maples (non-stressed, non Irene) are dropping a few leaves here. Birch trees have funny little cones, which I don't recall seeing in September much.

Def. early autumn foliage-wise, but still 99% green. Oaks will be last.

We may be able to lock in August 7 as the last day of the summer that we hit 80*. Two days in the month hit 80*, say what folks will wrt to departures, there was nothing painful sensibly about the month up here.

Here metrological summer 2011 at the Pit.

Pretty much a textbook summer for GC. A 2 day warm spell in the last week of July, 2 days of 80* temps in August and a weeks worth of 60* degree highs. 70 degree days and 50 degree nights dominated as one would expect. I for one couldn't be happier about how the summer flew by and how painless it was wrt heat and humidity. I'm now looking forward to the Autumn weather that will settle over us almost immediately. I've noticed what a bumper crop of wild appples and pine cones we have this year. Major Winter season on the horizon.

Archived