• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2011

WeatherX

that's awesome. My daughter turns 7 in December and I'm hoping she might be old enough for it--I think she already is.

But, arent' snow days supposed to be spent in the snow??? :)

67.2/66

2.20"

We sled 3-4 hrs a day when the time allows, I build a fun snow ramp off the back deck, but its fun to sit by the fire after that and watch some chewy

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that dry area was going to head my way, but instead it just missed and went into VT instead. Might still catch some breaks later on, but for now it's rain city.

We've had some intense rainfall rates, currently -rn but more rn+ about to move in. I'll bet we'll top 3" for the 24hr period midnight to midnight.

Euro shows two potentials for first frost in the most favored areas...one would be next Sunday morning, and the next would be perhaps the middle of next week a few days later. We'll see if those cool shots stick as we get closer. The one further out is pure speculation, but the one for this coming weekend is getting close enough to think about.

Euro shows two potentials for first frost in the most favored areas...one would be next Sunday morning, and the next would be perhaps the middle of next week a few days later. We'll see if those cool shots stick as we get closer. The one further out is pure speculation, but the one for this coming weekend is getting close enough to think about.

Favored SNE locations or the iceboxes of NNE like SLK, HIE, etc? Or both?

Favored SNE locations or the iceboxes of NNE like SLK, HIE, etc? Or both?

Both probably. I was being SNE-centric, but certainly the SLK types will probably drop to frost levels assuming we have good radiational cooling conditions present.

We get into the +4 to +5C range at 850 and with a good clear high over us, that should do the trick in the favored spots. I wont sniff it on a hill here, but the elevated rural valleys and such have a shot. We'll see as we get closer, it could be overdoing it a bit, not sure. Its been consistent thus far though in showing it.

Both probably. I was being SNE-centric, but certainly the SLK types will probably drop to frost levels assuming we have good radiational cooling conditions present.

We get into the +4 to +5C range at 850 and with a good clear high over us, that should do the trick in the favored spots. I wont sniff it on a hill here, but the elevated rural valleys and such have a shot. We'll see as we get closer, it could be overdoing it a bit, not sure. Its been consistent thus far though in showing it.

Pete is la-la-la-locking it in as we speak

No surprise there really. Seems to happen here early to mid September most years.

Can't believe the rain you western MA folks are getting. Nary a drop here...

Very heavy rain continues at this time. Even when the radar shows a brief break overhead it's still raining. Looks like much more rolling up from the SW. It won't surprise me to be close to 4" by morning.

Things back to normal in Greenfield?

Traffic is still being routed through town b/c I-91 S is closed until at least mid-week. The bridge abutments were scoured from the raging Deerfield River so they want to reinforce them. I fear this rain will delay things a few more days. I can't imagine what traffic was like this afternoon.

Last gasp of Summer for Labor day weekend and then first frost by mid month. Been saying it since early August.

I think warmth will come back after these cool shots...usually do in a Nina. Sometimes October is warm too, but I'm not sure which way I'm leaning for that month yet. But I will say that I'll be fairly surprised if September finishes below avg temp-wise as the pattern just doesn't look to support that right now.

I think warmth will come back after these cool shots...usually do in a Nina. Sometimes October is warm too, but I'm not sure which way I'm leaning for that month yet. But I will say that I'll be fairly surprised if September finishes below avg temp-wise as the pattern just doesn't look to support that right now.

As long as things aren't sucky like winter 2001-2002, I'll take whatever fall offers. I was living in the valley then (Easthampton) and it was awful. Don't know how things were up here in the Hilltowns that year, but I guess for the bulk of SNE it was a big stinker.

As long as things aren't sucky like winter 2001-2002, I'll take whatever fall offers. I was living in the valley then (Easthampton) and it was awful. Don't know how things were up here in the Hilltowns that year, but I guess for the bulk of SNE it was a big stinker.

It was a terrible winter though the hills actually salvaged a merely bad/terrible winter versus a historically horrific winter like some of the lower spots did. There were a few elevation events...esp in March 2002.

Nina falls are frequently warm, but they don't have to be. I'll be interested to see October. September I'm feeling is going to have a hard time coming in negative.

Archived