northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The maples are beginning to change color. There are several tree in my yard that have fruit that looks like miniature cherries. I have no idea what they are. The leaves on those are turning to a brownish yellow. The leaves will drop quickly from those.

71F and humid.

They are are themuch sought-after "miniature cherry trees".

Hold your breath and stomp your feet all you want but the fact remains that neither MPM and I hit 85 during the month of August. The month you predicted we'd roast alive. Hope you do better with your Winter forecasting skills.

Perhaps some of your hair provided too much shade for your thermo sensor to provide an accurate reading.

I didn't predict a torch August..I predicted a warm, muggy , above normal month which is exactly what it was

Mostly Sunny

76/69

Another well above normal September day, swampazz city, the numbers will set the record straight at the end of the month, good to see Will continues to believe September will be above normal, follows Nina climo well, and it looks like October could be an oven even on the east slope.

Wow its humid!

Oh, I thought you were talking about the month of August as that's what the current ridiculous debate was about.lol Yesterday was weird, I went to golf near Jiminy Peak, when I left here it was murky and in the low 70's, as soon as I hit Windsor,Ma the thermo in the truck jumped to the upper 70's. At the course we walked the 18 in rather uncomfortable humidity with temps right around 80. about 1/2 way through the round we had a brief light shower and temps dropped a bit. There were occasional breaks of sun. Coming home as soon as I crested the spine The clouds and mist were still hanging tough and the temp was in the mid 70's. I topped out at 78.6 and never lost the low clouds and mist. I think Mike stayed even cooler.

Hey Hey Ho Ho MRG"S lies gotta go!!!!!!!!!

Facts.............

BDR +2.9 so far in September with a +8 yesterday

ORH +2.6 so far in September with a +7 yesterday

Hey Hey Ho HO MRG's lies gotta go!!!!!!!!!

LOl, what a Dork with a capital D. Nothing screams torch like highs in the 50's and 60's which is exactly what is in BOX's forecast for the east slope this week. Enjoy what heat you can Joe 'cause it's ovah.

Mostly Sunny

76/69

Another well above normal September day, swampazz city, the numbers will set the record straight at the end of the month, good to see Will continues to believe September will be above normal, follows Nina climo well, and it looks like October could be an oven even on the east slope.

Wow its humid!

LOl, what a Dork with a capital D. Nothing screams torch like highs in the 50's and 60's which is exactly what is in BOX's forecast for the east slope this week. Enjoy what heat you can Joe 'cause it's ovah.

I have been hearing the same schtick day in day out the entire summer, and all I do is refute your hippie heresay with FACTS, enjoy the heat man, it will take your iceberg scenario to just get back to normal for the month by mid month, second half bakes, prepare for well above normal, and humid, detangler hard to find around west chesterfield these days!:thumbsup:

I have been hearing the same schtick day in day out the entire summer, and all I do is refute your hippie heresay with FACTS, enjoy the heat man, it will take your iceberg scenario to just get back to normal for the month by mid month, second half bakes, prepare for well above normal, and humid, detangler hard to find around west chesterfield these days!:thumbsup:

Man, you and Blizz are really hung up on the hair thing. I guess when you've got so little of your own it's difficult to accept others can have so much.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the month of August as that's what the current ridiculous debate was about.lol Yesterday was weird, I went to golf near Jiminy Peak, when I left here it was murky and in the low 70's, as soon as I hit Windsor,Ma the thermo in the truck jumped to the upper 70's. At the course we walked the 18 in rather uncomfortable humidity with temps right around 80. about 1/2 way through the round we had a brief light shower and temps dropped a bit. There were occasional breaks of sun. Coming home as soon as I crested the spine The clouds and mist were still hanging tough and the temp was in the mid 70's. I topped out at 78.6 and never lost the low clouds and mist. I think Mike stayed even cooler.

I topped out at 76.2. Never cleared out. To be sure, it was uncomfortable with the humidity. And heck, I hate being as warm at 76 anyway. Give me my sub-freezings.

66.8/66, almost time to go running.

I topped out at 76.2. Never cleared out. To be sure, it was uncomfortable with the humidity. And heck, I hate being as warm at 76 anyway. Give me my sub-freezings.

66.8/66, almost time to go running.

I think if we had cleared out we'd have ended the sub 80 streak. As of now there aren't any chances to end the streak. I'm hoping the streak continues until June 2012.lol

I think if we had cleared out we'd have ended the sub 80 streak. As of now there aren't any chances to end the streak. I'm hoping the streak continues until June 2012.lol

Woulda, coulda, shoulda........

We had gone to Deerfield at noontime. When we got there (Yankee Candle--gag), it was cool like it was here. By the time we came out, it was really warm there and it had cleared out a lot. Expected it to be similar when I got home. Driving through Conway, though, I realized that would not be the case as it clouded up a bit with sprinkles. Got home at 2:30 to find it low 70's. Knew it was 80* fail then.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda........

We had gone to Deerfield at noontime. When we got there (Yankee Candle--gag), it was cool like it was here. By the time we came out, it was really warm there and it had cleared out a lot. Expected it to be similar when I got home. Driving through Conway, though, I realized that would not be the case as it clouded up a bit with sprinkles. Got home at 2:30 to find it low 70's. Knew it was 80* fail then.

lol, we don't do the heat thing very well do we. It was cool how we held the low clouds and mist all day.

lol, we don't do the heat thing very well do we. It was cool how we held the low clouds and mist all day.

Some days it happens.

The fact is everyone has been above normal since the very end of June. It may be more weighted toward the lows than the highs, but it has been above normal in the means regardless.

Mt Washington's mean departures are as follows...

Jul +2.2F

Aug +1.2F

Sep +9.0F thru 9/4

Seems like a repeat today. 67.3/67 at 10:30a.m. Much cooler than much of SNE.

Just got in from a run. Main difference between today and yesterday is that today's mankiness is limited to clouds as the fog's gone.

Seems like a repeat today. 67.3/67 at 10:30a.m. Much cooler than much of SNE.

Just got in from a run. Main difference between today and yesterday is that today's mankiness is limited to clouds as the fog's gone.

The sun (albeit filtered and now fading again) has been out here for an hour or so...

73/67 here attm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRwZ4Pf9rM

Think junky wx is what happens usually when you wish for a torch in September. :devilsmiley:You get a swampy tropical feed up the coast and the sunny HHH wx that certain demented individuals crave is somewhere offshore between here and Bermuda.

68/67 here. It got down to 64 in the fog, etc. Tomorrow should be a raw chilly rainy day...more to my liking.

The sun (albeit filtered and now fading again) has been out here for an hour or so...

73/67 here attm

My daughter will have her first day of school tomorrow at Buckland/Shelburne elementary after a week-long post-Irene delay. We just learned that the Hawlemont School (the school for Hawley and Charlemont) will be at BSE for "at least the next several weeks".

So, instead of one first grade of 17 students, there will be one of 17 and one of 12. Adding this to the other 5 years of school, that's going to be one crowded place!

67.4/67

Archived