Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+8 today at BDR another monster positive departure on the day, waiting for BOX to update bos orh pvd and bdl, all should be huge daily departures!!:thumbsup::weight_lift: Really nice to see the hints of a ridge building in late next week and beyond, wow, September sizzle for sure, of course excluding the east slope where light snow continues to fall.

+8 today at BDR another monster positive departure on the day, waiting for BOX to update bos orh pvd and bdl, all should be huge daily departures!!:thumbsup::weight_lift: Really nice to see the hints of a ridge building in late next week and beyond, wow, September sizzle for sure, of course excluding the east slope where light snow continues to fall.

BOX's highs for the next 7 days on the east slope. Where exactly is the sizzle?

Just took a look in the basement and see the nice flow of water coming in through the flagstone foundation from the freont of the house. Looks like we'll need to come up with a design for a nice front porch. that's one way to solve the problem. I think we have picutres of yesteryear that show the house with a porch......

Meanwhile, it's raining BUCKETS!!!!

1.81" on the day, DP2 has it at 5.,10"/hr.

67.4/66

THE FACTS are in folks.........................

For today the 5th of September the year 2011

BOS +10

BDL +8

PVD +7

ORH +8

Looks like a couple cool days on the way, but warm overnight lows, I now think some SNE sites may finish September +4 or above.................after today monster positive departures. I love it!

Gotta love that five day trend. ;)

But hey if September wants to be +2 or +3 I wouldn't mind much because normals here in Sept. are around 46/66 (monthly average) so it would still be very pleasant. I really don't care if it gets cold until November when realistic snow chances begin.

OVC and 60/59 here now.

BOS +10

BDL +8

PVD +7

ORH +8

Looks like a couple cool days on the way, but warm overnight lows, I now think some SNE sites may finish September +4 or above.................after today monster positive departures. I love it!

BOS +10

BDL +8

PVD +7

ORH +8

Joe--we had a hot day on Sept 3 (78.4), and yesterdays 76.1 was tough with the humidity. But the 71.6 today, the 73.3 on the first, and the 71.3 on the second were far crys from a torch.

I'm not saying it's been a cool summer, but with the exception of a couple days in July (when we hit 91.3 and 91.1 on consecutive days), it has been sensibly a very nondiscript summer. If ovoernight lows have skewed things highier, so be it. We don't have a climo station out here to compare to. It would be great if we had one (similarly, I htink it would be great if the Cape did), but it is what it is. We're forced to make a comparison between what we have with the climatology of sites 50 miles away.

The key thing that I take from this is not the numbers but the sensible weather. In that regard, the summer was pretty darn unremarkable. Had to break out the fan twice (don't own an air conditoiner, no need). Had two hot days in July. A bunch 80's in July as one might expect. We had two in August, the last of which was on August 7th. The two days this weekend that were forecasted for 80's were big fails out here. Lucky? Perhaps, but that's the way the iceberg crumbles (Yukon Cornelius said that I think).

67.5/67

2.06" in the bucket,.

RN

Joe--we had a hot day on Sept 3 (78.4), and yesterdays 76.1 was tough with the humidity. But the 71.6 today, the 73.3 on the first, and the 71.3 on the second were far crys from a torch.

I'm not saying it's been a cool summer, but with the exception of a couple days in July (when we hit 91.3 and 91.1 on consecutive days), it has been sensibly a very nondiscript summer. If ovoernight lows have skewed things highier, so be it. We don't have a climo station out here to compare to. It would be great if we had one (similarly, I htink it would be great if the Cape did), but it is what it is. We're forced to make a comparison between what we have with the climatology of sites 50 miles away.

The key thing that I take from this is not the numbers but the sensible weather. In that regard, the summer was pretty darn unremarkable. Had to break out the fan twice (don't own an air conditoiner, no need). Had two hot days in July. A bunch 80's in July as one might expect. We had two in August, the last of which was on August 7th. The two days this weekend that were forecasted for 80's were big fails out here. Lucky? Perhaps, but that's the way the iceberg crumbles (Yukon Cornelius said that I think).

67.5/67

2.06" in the bucket,.

RN

All of sne had an above normal summer, 95% of sne have had monster departures in September so far. I understand it rained today in the Berks, it was a different world, and for that I am sorry that the holiday was le miz. September is still summer, and this month is waaaaay above normal in all areas seemingly except the Berkshires, even Brian pointed out that Mt Washington was +9 so far this month with another Huge departure today. Mike, your area is the exception rather than the rule, and I am not denying it, but for most of sne its been an all out torch so far this month.

There isn't much getting around it. Whether it was more overnight lows or whatever...it's been warmer than normal from the summit of MWN to the beaches of ACK. Now if you play the "relative" card...yes above 1,000ft the heat is obviously less intense, but you also have normals that are lower.

I will say other than those 2-3 ridiculous days in July, the summer is not nearly as memorable in terms of heat like last summer was. But it's been mild.

All of sne had an above normal summer, 95% of sne have had monster departures in September so far. I understand it rained today in the Berks, it was a different world, and for that I am sorry that the holiday was le miz. September is still summer, and this month is waaaaay above normal in all areas seemingly except the Berkshires, even Brian pointed out that Mt Washington was +9 so far this month with another Huge departure today. Mike, your area is the exception rather than the rule, and I am not denying it, but for most of sne its been an all out torch so far this month.

Like I said, we don't have appropriate climo stations here to make the comparison. Given the prepondance of climos coming in high, I'll accept the premise that we're above, largely due to warmer lows (ironically, that might actually mitigate my departure some. Since my locale doesn't radiate worth sh*t, I think my lows were not effected as much as others). But what I htink has been said in this "debate" is that in response to the notion of a sweltering torch (as it's been presented) I've been hearing "isn'tit really feel hot"? For here the answer's a resounding "Nope".

Can't speak for MRG, but that's my take on the debate and my opinion of the summer.

Is there any thunder with that rain or just downpours?

Just rain, Kevin. .63" of today's rain came with the crazy pre-dawn thunderstorm I had. The reaminder came starting around 4:00p.m.

Up to 2.10"

67.4/67

The month is 5 days old.lol Like a true Jets fan you spike the ball before scoring a touchdown. BTW, I can't decide whether I want the Jets to be the Cowboys or vice versa. I guess I hope the Jets lose as they are inter-conference rivals.

Just took a look in the basement and see the nice flow of water coming in through the flagstone foundation from the freont of the house. Looks like we'll need to come up with a design for a nice front porch. that's one way to solve the problem. I think we have picutres of yesteryear that show the house with a porch......

Meanwhile, it's raining BUCKETS!!!!

1.81" on the day, DP2 has it at 5.,10"/hr.

67.4/66

66/64, man it's been pouring and it looks like more is building to the SW and likely to move in. The stream is already thundering again.

Wonder if much of C SNE and ESNE doesn't see any rain at all

It's possible most of the rain falls tomorrow morning into aftn as the moisture from Lee comes up, but again it might be focused more west. Despite the flooding out west, the ground is drying up pretty good here....top soils anyways.

My daughter who is starting 3rd grade tomorrow just spent the last 3 hrs watching Star Wars, she is hooked, I mean Hooked! She has so many questions, looks like I am off to get the blue ray pack, many snowy days spent this winter watching 18 hours of the best stuff money can buy!

swampy

It's possible most of the rain falls tomorrow morning into aftn as the moisture from Lee comes up, but again it might be focused more west. Despite the flooding out west, the ground is drying up pretty good here....top soils anyways.

We had 5 inches from Irene..so it's certainly not dry..but I was counting on rain to soak in the Lesco. Ryan pormised me a good soaking

My daughter who is starting 3rd grade tomorrow just spent the last 3 hrs watching Star Wars, she is hooked, I mean Hooked! She has so many questions, looks like I am off to get the blue ray pack, many snowy days spent this winter watching 18 hours of the best stuff money can buy!

swampy

that's awesome. My daughter turns 7 in December and I'm hoping she might be old enough for it--I think she already is.

But, arent' snow days supposed to be spent in the snow??? :)

67.2/66

2.20"

66/64, man it's been pouring and it looks like more is building to the SW and likely to move in. The stream is already thundering again.

I thought that dry area was going to head my way, but instead it just missed and went into VT instead. Might still catch some breaks later on, but for now it's rain city.

Archived