joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is nice outside. This kind of weather is good for shortwave radio. Sub 70 highs next week?

Ha. most of New England will see some 60's and 30's for daily highs and lows. The incoming airmass means business and I think is a harbinger of whats to follow, but this is just my opinion.

Ha. most of New England will see some 60's and 30's for daily highs and lows. The incoming airmass means business and I think is a harbinger of whats to follow, but this is just my opinion.

September in the analogs and Nina pattern looks like a torch, but it certainly wont start off that way. Perhaps this year will buck the trend, but I still think it will get warm later this month.

I do not think a warm Septmeber is bad. Its probably good.

You don't think so? Just throwing it out there for the Logan11's and the moneypitmike's of the world. Some scattered stuff anyways. Nothing else to talk about...boring as hell.

I hope we can stave it off until tomorrow. Many chores needed to get done. Mucho wood remains unstacked, lawn growing like it's nobody's business, take down trees for winter 2013-2014. Clear mucho brush for burning.

Busy, busy, busy.

62.5/60

i love september, because in month i could see te first snowflakes of te season...I love Autumn and being able to go outside and not sweat like a pig just from breating or being melting by te intensity of te sun...i love te smell of autumn leaves...i love days of tds in te 40s...i love waking up to te first frost...i love getting te woodpile ready for winter, i love jogging in te crisp fres air...tis is my favorite season!!!

i love september, because in month i could see te first snowflakes of te season...I love Autumn and being able to go outside and not sweat like a pig just from breating or being melting by te intensity of te sun...i love te smell of autumn leaves...i love days of tds in te 40s...i love waking up to te first frost...i love getting te woodpile ready for winter, i love jogging in te crisp fres air...tis is my favorite season!!!

Almost with you there, but I have to take the snows/cold of winter over it--though November is about my favorite month.

By the way, I think you need a new "h" key on your keyboard. lol

Temps in reverse--69.9/64

70/63, I'm guessing 2-2:30. Been a long time since we've seen 80 despite being constantly told how warm it's been.lol

Expecting a big bust (not Miser's avatar unfortantely). Even the revised forecasts have our zones with "around 80*" for the high. That's on the heels of the updated AFD that says they're lowering temp expectations.

69.5/65

Notice the postive NAO tendency into September. Right on schedule. Big winter coming.

:thumbsup:

The forecast highs today are definitely busting too high.... Still 70 here at 11:30 AM. They lowered the forecast high here to 80, but I'd be pretty surprised if we get there.

It really takes an optimum Bermuda High kind of deal now to get region wide 85-90. Yeah we know it has happened, but it's getting hard with an April 8th sun angle.

BTW ...look at the NAM breaking Lee in two and sending a wave up here to saturate the flood zones of the Catskills with up to 5 inches, and "son of Lee" dropping south in the gulf to live another day as a cane.

Still too early to be sure, but I think it will be an 80* fail in GC (and likely elsewhere). 70.1/64 with overcast skies at 11:00a.m.

The forecast highs today are definitely busting too high.... Still 70 here at 11:30 AM. They lowered the forecast high here to 80, but I'd be pretty surprised if we get there.

It really takes an optimum Bermuda High kind of deal now to get region wide 85-90. Yeah we know it has happened, but it's getting hard with an April 8th sun angle.

BTW ...look at the NAM breaking Lee in two and sending a wave up here to saturate the flood zones of the Catskills with up to 5 inches, and "son of Lee" dropping south in the gulf to live another day as a cane.

Some of the models did that the other day too. With the low level center exposed, it could get pushed sw too. We'll see what the GFS does.

Archived