EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
September 2011

WeatherX

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't listen to him, I'm 15 weeks in and having a great time. Of course due to child care needs I'm only working part time so that definitley has sweetened the deal.

;)

Misery loves company. I'm 6 years in.

It's actually great but you'll soon long for the days when you could just go off and do whatever you want whenever you want. Still, wouldn't trade it.

Misery loves company. I'm 6 years in.

It's actually great but you'll soon long for the days when you could just go off and do whatever you want whenever you want. Still, wouldn't trade it.

Ha, those thoughts started about 2 weeks after he was born.

Definitely a change in lifestyle though. Ironically I do get more sleep now with the baby than before we had him.

Very warm tonight, should be a huge positive departure with southerly winds preventing radiational cooling.

FAIR

69/62

SW@10mph

Nate, how are things going up in NH? I hope everything is well, and that the transition has been easy and that you are meeting many a new friend. It's warm for sure!

74/67

south wind off the sound here, departures all across sne after tomorrow will be impressive, but so will the cool down late week, gfs and euro ens say we warm it back up later next week.

The transition is long and slow, autumn is awesome, the flakes will be flying soon enough!

In general that area seems to be one of the snowiest in CNE. I always marvel at the amount of snow still up on Monadnock on spring hikes.

In the Rindge NH thread I started, I talked about how they retain snow pack in that region. Its about as impressive as anywhere for that elevation.

Nate, how are things going up in NH? I hope everything is well, and that the transition has been easy and that you are meeting many a new friend. It's warm for sure!

74/67

south wind off the sound here, departures all across sne after tomorrow will be impressive, but so will the cool down late week, gfs and euro ens say we warm it back up later next week.

The transition is long and slow, autumn is awesome, the flakes will be flying soon enough!

I am really great, Joe; my students are learning a lot of Spanish, and they're all very sweet despite having various behavioral/emotional issues, which is why they go here. I really like the faculty, and we've been having many good hikes in the Mondanock wilderness including a trip to the campus cranberry bog which we will be using for Thanksgiving. Definitely a beautiful place in both landscape and spirit.

I just can't wait for the cold air to arrive...this cold shot looks pretty legitimate. I still think we're going to end the month with an above normal anomaly, however. We just had too many mild nights in the 65F range at the beginning of the year here, and those are driving a warm anomaly based in mild, cloudy nights. Tonight will add to it.

In the Rindge NH thread I started, I talked about how they retain snow pack in that region. Its about as impressive as anywhere for that elevation.

That area seems to also get some of the big storms that crush SNE...it's like the best of both worlds. It's tucked in on the east slopes of the Berks to help with lift and sustaining CAD, but they'll get rotting deformations bands it seems from our bigger coastals. Those mtns to the east in New Ipswich might be better, but it's not very populated on the west side of New Ipswich.

I am really great, Joe; my students are learning a lot of Spanish, and they're all very sweet despite having various behavioral/emotional issues, which is why they go here. I really like the faculty, and we've been having many good hikes in the Mondanock wilderness including a trip to the campus cranberry bog which we will be using for Thanksgiving. Definitely a beautiful place in both landscape and spirit.

I just can't wait for the cold air to arrive...this cold shot looks pretty legitimate. I still think we're going to end the month with an above normal anomaly, however. We just had too many mild nights in the 65F range at the beginning of the year here, and those are driving a warm anomaly based in mild, cloudy nights. Tonight will add to it.

Glad to hear it! I think my wife and you have a lot in common as far as teaching, she works for Eagle Hill, which has a couple campuses in Fairfield cty. Overnight lows have been warm, but if you go to BOX or OXK and look at daytime highs, they are damn impressive as well, one more torch day and you get your wish buddy! Glad to hear that everything is going well, its time to buckle down and figure out this Nina, I think in the end its low end moderate, but who knows.

Can't we just get a winter that finishes? :P

All the best tubes!

Glad to hear it! I think my wife and you have a lot in common as far as teaching, she works for Eagle Hill, which has a couple campuses in Fairfield cty. Overnight lows have been warm, but if you go to BOX or OXK and look at daytime highs, they are damn impressive as well, one more torch day and you get your wish buddy! Glad to hear that everything is going well, its time to buckle down and figure out this Nina, I think in the end its low end moderate, but who knows.

Can't we just get a winter that finishes? :P

All the best tubes!

Sure, I know Eagle Hill...supposed to be a good place!

Yes, the days have been plenty warm here...was close to 80F today and we had several days in the 80s to start the school year.

I'm pretty sure this Niña hits moderate, it's been cooling so rapidly in the eastern regions and trades look to persist.

62/61, First frost right on schedule.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 58.

Friday Night: Patchy frost after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 32.

Saturday: Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 62.

Congrats Pete, having a 4 or 5 week old around is not easy stuff, ahhh the days, you deserve some Jack Frost..................or better yet, some of this!!:snowman:

Man the NAM really chills us off Thursday night after a warm day in ern mass. It even brings Kevin below his magical 44F.

2m temps get into the upper 30s here Friday morning. It really goes big on the CAA. Sat morning is still probably the colder morning for most though. NAM 2m temps can be over-agressive on CAA, but its def something to watch.

2m temps get into the upper 30s here Friday morning. It really goes big on the CAA. Sat morning is still probably the colder morning for most though. NAM 2m temps can be over-agressive on CAA, but its def something to watch.

HP should be overhead with very little wind if any, perfect radiational cooling, I wonder what site will be the lowest come Sunday.

Yeah I was shocked to see how cold the NAM was, but even if you tack on a few degrees..still dam good. That's a night where you guys (higher elevation spots) will shine and blow my doors off.

Archived