wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those that say Katia is not threat too SNE are should think again its is . Will be very hard to make that sharp turn out to sea after hitting Nc coast area . That why i listen to Jb and some good weather forecaster like guy from New York city .

Guaranteed hit now.

Those that say Katia is not threat too SNE are should think again its is . Will be very hard to make that sharp turn out to sea after hitting Nc coast area . That why i listen to Jb and some good weather forecaster like guy from New York city .

You have a way with words my friend.

Bunker down SNE, we're going around again apparently

unless it takes a track like emily in 1993 which it most likely will.

H4 (1893), H1 (1927), H13 (1933), H13 (1936), H7 (1944), Carol (1953), Gladys (1975), Gloria (1985), Edouard (1996), and Floyd (1999)

Donny's top analogs... not bad

Those are my top analogs, but an important qualifier is in order:

When one takes into consideration the likely 500 mb pattern (GFS ensembles), the odds of landfall are not as great as might be implied by my analogs. Indeed, I believe a worst-case scenario would be a track close to either Hurricane #7 (1944) or Floyd (1999), but those would be low probability scenarios. Right now, I still believe odds of recurvature without landfall are around 60%. Were landfall to occur, North Carolina’s Outer Banks would probably be the best candidate.

Yup. Deckhand at the wheel....

Off Watch Hill headed east for PVD w/diesel for SE CT & RI drivers. I delivered some to Rensselaer for you last week.

It's been a nice cool summer both at home in PQI and at my floating palace on the North Fork where I rode out the hypocane. No damage there at all. Branches only, most from already compromised trees.

Very wet up north all summer. I hope you are getting back on your feet along with your VT neighbors up there in CNE.

Didn't see any pics from Chesterfield but the Shelburne Falls photos were impressive even if outrageouly photoshopped for that "sepia" look they had.

Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir.

I'll be waking them up soon.

Vim Toot!

We miss you.

Toot!

Hurricane Squish is a ghoul who parachutes in to strangers' misery to observe and record their suffering. Then he flits away. "Adios, mi amigos!"

It takes a real sadistic streak to do that. Try to think of yourself as a local. How much would you despise such a creature were you one of the unfortunates who had to sate his gruesome hunger for others' pain?

Truly an ugly hobby- one that tarnishes all Americans as this camera-laden technology-heavy wealthy voyeur delights in a victim's helplessness and destruction.

His posting style is passive-aggresive, like a prom princess. A snip followed by a smiley. What a distasteful ponce.

He disgraces us all. I avoid his threads.

Vim Toot!

:lol:

I'm always flattered to find that people whose existence I'm not even aware of have such strong opinions about me. It really is flattering.

Do you exercise? Physical exertion can help you with these negative feelings. :hug:

:lol:

I'm always flattered to find that people whose existence I'm not even aware of have such strong opinions about me. It really is flattering.

Do you exercise? Physical exertion can help you with these negative feelings. :hug:

Lol until you posted I had no idea who he was talking about lol

Yup. Deckhand at the wheel....

Off Watch Hill headed east for PVD w/diesel for SE CT & RI drivers. I delivered some to Rensselaer for you last week.

It's been a nice cool summer both at home in PQI and at my floating palace on the North Fork where I rode out the hypocane. No damage there at all. Branches only, most from already compromised trees.

Very wet up north all summer. I hope you are getting back on your feet along with your VT neighbors up there in CNE.

Didn't see any pics from Chesterfield but the Shelburne Falls photos were impressive even if outrageouly photoshopped for that "sepia" look they had.

Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir.

I'll be waking them up soon.

Vim Toot!

Do you write Harlequin romances for a living? Or do you fancy yourself a poet? Just curious.

:popcorn:

It was an honest question. This line in particular made me burst into laughter:

"Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir."

That's right out of a 9th grader's creative-writing notebook. And, by the way, in his quest to soar with rosy, dew-sprinkled prose, he fell down the stairs by inadvertently describing his wife as an excessive drinker. :lol:

"Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir."

That's right out of a 9th grader's creative-writing notebook. And, by the way, in his quest to soar with rosy, dew-sprinkled prose, he fell down the stairs by inadvertently describing his wife as an excessive drinker. :lol:

lmaosmiley.giflmaosmiley.giflmaosmiley.gif

That is all.

Toot has an expansive vocabulary and seems to lead an interesting life.

Toot has an expansive vocabulary and seems to lead an interesting life.

Words used incorrectly do not equal an "expansive vocabulary"-- nor do they equal good taste. In fact, some of the most challenged writers on this board suffer from the same problem as Toot-- which is trying too hard. Good writing shouldn't read like a Saturday Night Live parody of a Victorian romance novel.

Anyhoo, sorry to go OT-- it was just funny. Off to breakfast and the gym! :sun:

Archived