Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Katia tracking and discussion thread

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right...well...

1) I suggested that he may have prsented himself in that light.

2) We prob do have more SnowNH's relative to the tropics, than the southern posters do...all I meant.

NBD....I know why you reacted in that manner.

Dude, I'm awake at 2:41 AM because I have a baby in the house that seems to sleep all day and play all night. Kind of like you.lol Forgive my crankiness. I think it's safe to go back to bed now. Later.

[/b]

Dude, I'm awake at 2:41 AM because I have a baby in the house that seems to sleep all day and play all night. Kind of like you.lol Forgive my crankiness. I think it's safe to go back to bed now. Later.

I'm a night person....I worked 9 hours on Friday and still stayed up past 2 AM....not all of us have yet entered into a steady state of biological decline as you have.

Well yeah the astro tide added a foot... but the fact that the peak surge was at high tide and not low tide was a bigger factor.

What was the highest surge you guys got on the CT shore with Irene? I remember hearing reports of a 10.5 foot surge! The highest wind gust I could find for the region was the 83 mph report from Rhode Island..... was there anything higher? Rainfall was a pretty uniform 6-12"

"

What was the highest surge you guys got on the CT shore with Irene? I remember hearing reports of a 10.5 foot surge! The highest wind gust I could find for the region was the 83 mph report from Rhode Island..... was there anything higher? Rainfall was a pretty uniform 6-12"

"

Just shy of 5 ft at the official gauges.

"

10.5 ft may have included the tide.

It had the potential to be a huge surge producer due to it's large size and slower movement if it maintained more intensity. Even though it was still large...95 kt vs. 55-60 kt makes a huge difference

Not surprisingly our fun with Katia has come to an end. Should recurve harmlessly out to sea.

Looks like a hit is looking much more likely today

BigJoeBastardi Joe Bastardi Katia forecast into Carolinas now by some models. Pattern fits for US hit from her and that is why you see so much concern from me

Hmmmm. I'll go with Ryan's analysis over the Chief Hypester in Charge. OTS thankfully.

It is kinda amazing all the different model solutions that we are seeing. A few taking her into the carolinas, a few teasing the EC and a few taking her harmlessly away. Should be fun to see which set is closest to the truth in the end. Right now if I had to pick one particular model that I think will be closest in the end it would be the Euro. I think that she will tease us but turn harmlessly out to sea while giving us some very nice swells and not so nice rip-current danger.

So we can count on you not to use the derisive term "icep*ssies" when speaking of us, your friends?

Hurricane Squish is a ghoul who parachutes in to strangers' misery to observe and record their suffering. Then he flits away. "Adios, mi amigos!"

It takes a real sadistic streak to do that. Try to think of yourself as a local. How much would you despise such a creature were you one of the unfortunates who had to sate his gruesome hunger for others' pain?

Truly an ugly hobby- one that tarnishes all Americans as this camera-laden technology-heavy wealthy voyeur delights in a victim's helplessness and destruction.

His posting style is passive-aggresive, like a prom princess. A snip followed by a smiley. What a distasteful ponce.

He disgraces us all. I avoid his threads.

Vim Toot!

Hurricane Squish is a ghoul who parachutes in to strangers' misery to observe and record their suffering. Then he flits away. "Adios, mi amigos!"

It takes a real sadistic streak to do that. Try to think of yourself as a local. How much would you despise such a creature were you one of the unfortunates who had to sate his gruesome hunger for others' pain?

Truly an ugly hobby- one that tarnishes all Americans as this camera-laden technology-heavy wealthy voyeur delights in a victim's helplessness and destruction.

His posting style is passive-aggresive, like a prom princess. A snip followed by a smiley. What a distasteful ponce.

He disgraces us all. I avoid his threads.

Vim Toot!

I rarely venture into the threads in the main board precisely because it is populated by miscreants of every stripe. I find it difficult not to respond to their repulsive assertions but, alas, like zombies, they are unreachable. Looking forward to a Winter full of your erudite posts. Are you on the water now?

I rarely venture into the threads in the main board precisely because it is populated by miscreants of every stripe. I find it difficult not to respond to their repulsive assertions but, alas, like zombies, they are unreachable. Looking forward to a Winter full of your erudite posts. Are you on the water now?

I do think the vast majority of posters in the main tropical threads are intelligent folks with a wealth of knowledge on the subject. A few weenies post things that make me cringe with wishes for big hits. The analysis by the smart folks is worth reading but several have poor people skills.

I prefer our own subforum and reading Ryan, Scott, Will, etc for red dudes and Ray, Ginx, Bob and BIrv, plus some others for amateurs on the subject

I can't really add info but I feel fine asking questions here

Looks like Ryan is doing well with this one

Yup. Deckhand at the wheel....

Off Watch Hill headed east for PVD w/diesel for SE CT & RI drivers. I delivered some to Rensselaer for you last week.

It's been a nice cool summer both at home in PQI and at my floating palace on the North Fork where I rode out the hypocane. No damage there at all. Branches only, most from already compromised trees.

Very wet up north all summer. I hope you are getting back on your feet along with your VT neighbors up there in CNE.

Didn't see any pics from Chesterfield but the Shelburne Falls photos were impressive even if outrageouly photoshopped for that "sepia" look they had.

Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir.

I'll be waking them up soon.

Vim Toot!

Yup. Deckhand at the wheel....

Off Watch Hill headed east for PVD w/diesel for SE CT & RI drivers. I delivered some to Rensselaer for you last week.

It's been a nice cool summer both at home in PQI and at my floating palace on the North Fork where I rode out the hypocane. No damage there at all. Branches only, most from already compromised trees.

Very wet up north all summer. I hope you are getting back on your feet along with your VT neighbors up there in CNE.

Didn't see any pics from Chesterfield but the Shelburne Falls photos were impressive even if outrageouly photoshopped for that "sepia" look they had.

Leaves are turning rapidly in PQI according to my lush and adoring wife. My sleds still sleep, but they stir.

I'll be waking them up soon.

Vim Toot!

Saw some of my neighbors tinkering with their sleds last week. Running them on wet grass.lol Stay safe out on the high seas and thanks for the diesel.

Archived