• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

AT 833 AM EDT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A WELL DEFINED BAND OF HEAVY SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FROM WASHINGTON COUNTY RHODE ISLAND NORTHWESTWARD THROUGH CENTRAL WINDHAM AND NORTHERN TOLLAND COUNTIES IN CONNECTICUT...AND INTO THE SPRINGFIELD AREA OF HAMPDEN COUNTY IN WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS. VERY STRONG WIND GUSTS...FROM 55 TO 65 MPH HAVE BEEN REPORTED WITHIN THIS BAND. THE BAND OF SHOWERS AND STRONG WINDS WAS LIFTING TO THE NORTHWEST AT 40 MPH.   THIS BAND WILL AFFECT MUCH OF WESTERN AND CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS...NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND...AND BRISTOL AND NORFOLK COUNTIES IN SOUTHEAST MASSACHUSETTS THROUGH 935 AM.  THE WINDS MAY BE STRONG ENOUGH TO KNOCK DOWN TREES AND POWER LINES. FOR YOUR SAFETY...DO NOT VENTURE OUTDOORS UNLESS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.   A TORNADO WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1100 AM EDT SUNDAY MORNING FOR SOUTHERN RHODE ISLAND.   &&

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if those were only 30 kts I cant wait to see what 50kts look like

ASH just had a special ob of 34kt...so around 40mph. Not bad. Still only 17mph peak so far here. I wish we could get into a steady shield of +RA instead of the 15-30 mins of 1-2"/hr rates followed by 15-30 min lulls of -RA.

ASH just had a special ob of 34kt...so around 40mph. Not bad. Still only 17mph peak so far here. I wish we could get into a steady shield of +RA instead of the 15-30 mins of 1-2"/hr rates followed by 15-30 min lulls of -RA.

Winds increase as this gets toward our latitude?

At my friends house on Duxbury Beach ( Saquish Rd for reference) the water is great, still roughly two hours from high tide getting some great video so far. Started sandbagging the front door earlier this morning. Winds have definitely picked up in last couple of minutes.<br>

Archived