e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I was out about an hour ago and saw a few actual dead branches down. NBD. Just had a few gust about five minutes ago where I was sure some trees or banches were coming down. Seems like the winds are making there way down now. Really amazing to see the clouds moving as fast as they are, all I know is its alot more windy not far over our heads. Starting to really thinks there's a good chance we lose power.

Your 200' on me could be helping here.. I haven't felt much yet still.. was expecting it when the heavier shower came through, but it was not impressive.

Had one power flicker here, so far just a run of the mill rainy day.

Serious situation here. Exceedingly heavy rains with high winds. Power out and now on the generator. Stream is near bankful and I was at my elderly neighbors house with the police trying to convince them to evacuate up to my place. No dice. stubborn old goats. Over and out.

survived that band...structurally speaking, that looks to be the last one...no structure on the south side of storm...lookin good from here on out

can second that-once the center went by, we had nothing...an underperformer down this way overall given the hype

-

Litchfield, glad you made it back--any flooding at all down at the beach?

Archived