EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, fun night winds were dissapointing at our friends home inland, they lost power at 1 am decided to take a chance and drive home, felt like a storm chaser............trees down all over Fairfield cty, the winds have been a bit more impressive over the last 20 min back here at the beach gusting to near 50-55 I would say, has the feel of a strong noreaster rather than a cane

Several rumbles of thunder here. Really thought this intense band would have some wind with it, but instead the wind almost completely stopped... wtf? Rain rate hit over 3"/hr

Had some nice gusts blasting impressive curtains of rain down the bay and hitting the other side about 30 mins ago... probably 35 mph.

There's a temperature boundary in there...there was probably a brief low level inversion as the WAA moves in at the surface. At 9am I was 67/67 and CON was 73/71. I'm now up to 71.3.

just starting to get breezy here.. some leaves and twigs on the road, so I'd guess maybe 25mph so far

looks like stronger echoes on our doorstep

Yeah I was out about an hour ago and saw a few actual dead branches down. NBD. Just had a few gust about five minutes ago where I was sure some trees or banches were coming down. Seems like the winds are making there way down now. Really amazing to see the clouds moving as fast as they are, all I know is its alot more windy not far over our heads. Starting to really thinks there's a good chance we lose power.

Archived