Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Hurricane Irene Observations Thread

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too bad so far with Irene here. Picked up 1.09" of rain overnight, it's a little breezy but nothing crazy at all.

Looks to me like all the real heavy rains (which were my biggest concerns here) are off to the west in upstate NY. The latest NHC track prediction has the center passing pretty much right over here but I have a hunch it might be even a little west.

Radar filling in off to the SE and with the fetch that's going, we'll certainly get quite a bit more, but so far, so good.

000 WTNT34 KNHC 281152 TCPAT4 BULLETIN HURRICANE IRENE INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY NUMBER 32A NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL AL092011 800 AM EDT SUN AUG 28 2011 ...CENTER OF IRENE NEARING NEW YORK CITY... SUMMARY OF 800 AM EDT...1200 UTC...INFORMATION ---------------------------------------------- LOCATION...40.3N 74.1W ABOUT 40 MI...60 KM SSW OF NEW YORK CITY MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...75 MPH...120 KM/H PRESENT MOVEMENT...NNE OR 20 DEGREES AT 25 MPH...41 KM/H MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...963 MB...28.44 INCHES

Archived