Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Irene Damage Thread............Oh Yeah!

Mr Torchey

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I know the one you're talking about. It's right off Exit 74 behind Shoreline Pools and the True Value hardware store in Flanders.

That's it. It feeds a smaller station on Four Mile River Road in Old Lyme.

I have been reading Ginx's posts and am of the same opinion that certain neighborhoods around here must have had spin-ups. My house was fine but 500 feet away from me looks like they were in a different storm altogether. I used a leaf blower while my son ran the lawn tractor for 45 minutes. That was our cleanup. But, no power since early Sunday morning.

I have been reading Ginx's posts and am of the same opinion that certain neighborhoods around here must have had spin-ups. My house was fine but 500 feet away from me looks like they were in a different storm altogether. I used a leaf blower while my son ran the lawn tractor for 45 minutes. That was our cleanup. But, no power since early Sunday morning.

Yea took a tour of Canterbury today , same patterns, SE to NW damage paths about a 1/4 mile wide, hop scotched through. I am going to try to find the radar from 7-8. I think that is when they hit.

anyone save radar for when that wicked band went through between 9am and 11am? Unfortunately, we lost power before that but it got ferocious for awhile outside.

Do me a favor and post an image from Box around 845-9 http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/ I can not see these on my IPAD, no power no computer. FYI if people like Grandpa would not live link we would have the archive on the obs thread.

Do me a favor and post an image from Box around 845-9 http://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/ I can not see these on my IPAD, no power no computer. FYI if people like Grandpa would not live link we would have the archive on the obs thread.

this is 858am local. The velocity product is a base velocity product so it's going to be very difficult to see spin ups given the very strong winds the radar is sensing inbound.

post-36-0-83755700-1314916767.png

And just like that Old Lyme goes from having 70% without power to 40% in a matter of a couple of hours. One-third of their customers restored at once, or so the CL&P numbers would lead you to believe.

I have some saved images from around 10-11 am as the band trolled through my area. I don't make a habit to save every image for everyone's locations. Sorry Steve. Plus there are sites where you can pull old radar scans from.

And just like that Old Lyme goes from having 70% without power to 40% in a matter of a couple of hours. One-third of their customers restored at once, or so the CL&P numbers would lead you to believe.

A substantial part of the town went hot at 5:00 pm. Dropped a few bottles of Grey Goose to my friend's house as a gift.

Steve, did you get your generator?

NECN has done a decent job covering it. Boston media basically covering eastern Mass. Still decent outages, but less destruction

Yes got the generator running basics, shutting it off soon. Lost lots of food today from Freezer despite our efforts, we did give a lot away yesterday though.

Parents may be without power till Saturday, They are isolated unlike everyone surrounding them. It does seem like a couple of real strong gusts nailed them. Some areas half mile way don't look too damaged at all.

The damage pattern appear like commas across ECT to Mass, half twisters if you will, pretty cool .

So Rt 302 through Craford Notch is closed as well as the Kangmangus Hwy. Sucks to be anyone trying to get from the Conway area over to I-93 right now. No easy way there.

Yep, a coworker of mine was coming back the Upper Valley of VT/NH from Bridgton, ME early Monday morning. First she tried the Kanc--denied. Then she tried 302 through Crawford, once again, shut out. Finally she made it across, south of the Whites by way of Tamworth, Center Harbor & Meredith. Needless to say, she was late for work.

Archived