wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Irene Damage Thread............Oh Yeah!

Mr Torchey

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally getting things sorted out with our house. Back wall of the foundation caved in and flooded the basement. Water was out within 15 hours, house is braced up, bucket brigaded the mud out, humidity is down, blasting it with ozone tonight to prevent mold. Pouring a new foundation under the house next week. No flood insurance and our county is not on the FEMA list. :(

That sucks, at least nobody was hurt (I hope). Big job you've got going, hope you have neighbors, friends and family to help. Best of luck.

Finally getting things sorted out with our house. Back wall of the foundation caved in and flooded the basement. Water was out within 15 hours, house is braced up, bucket brigaded the mud out, humidity is down, blasting it with ozone tonight to prevent mold. Pouring a new foundation under the house next week. No flood insurance and our county is not on the FEMA list. :(

Bro I am so sorry just dealing with my roof has been a nightmare. Hang in there. We rebuilt the serious damage but the roof needs to be replaced after being bombarded by branches and wind. Swear I had tornado winds.

Bro I am so sorry just dealing with my roof has been a nightmare. Hang in there. We rebuilt the serious damage but the roof needs to be replaced after being bombarded by branches and wind. Swear I had tornado winds.

There were a lot of trees down around here, but, yeah - the damage reports from Canterbury, Plainfield, Sterling make me wonder what made it so bad.

Sitting outside in my front yard, a convoy of NH trucks just went up my hill heading towards Sterling. Lots of damage in Sterling.

Yeah drove through that area (Voluntown) on my way to Newport the other day and yeah there's lots of damage for sure. Looks very similar to what I saw around my parent's house without the storm surge lol.

Photos of all of some of the tree and power trucks parked at the fairgrounds about a mile down the road from me. I took the day time shots this morning. The night shots are from the fairs fb page (and are cooler than mine).

I think they all came by my house today heading for the disaster in Sterling( next house up is the town line)

Photos of all of some of the tree and power trucks parked at the fairgrounds about a mile down the road from me. I took the day time shots this morning. The night shots are from the fairs fb page (and are cooler than mine).

Wow!

I don't think there's much in the way of power issues going on anymore up this way. But the effects of the storm linger. My daughter will have her first day of school tomorrow at Buckland/Shelburne elementary after a week-long post-Irene delay. We just learned that the Hawlemont School (the school for Hawley and Charlemont) will be at BSE for "at least the next several weeks".

So, instead of one first grade of 17 students, there will be one of 17 and one of 12. Adding this to the other 5 years of school, that's going to be one crowded place!

67.4/67

Archived