joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Irene Damage Thread............Oh Yeah!

Mr Torchey

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from chasing the surge, surge made it to old post rd the water was still rising when I left even though the tide was out, what a day and this was only a trop at landfall, imagine a cat 1 or 2 .........no thanks lol, by the way the deer were freaking out and they were everywhere!

Great pics, Joe! Is your house/family safe?

Nothing to show here but a few twigs and branches... a little water in the basement

We are ok right now, just got an emergency call regarding a surge into the marsh, obviously its delayed, i cant tell you how bad sw coastal ct has been hit, its hard to imagine

Tree further up from previous one I posted about on the adjacent open lot to ours.

Same Pine tree I posted earlier.

Closer up of Pine tree.

Just next to the left of the Oak tree i just posted, a pine tree had snapped. Please note the top portion. More on this as I go along.

Crappier shot.

Shot looking in from other side. Again, please note the top portion.

Shingles blown off

Tree in the woods snapped. I saw many of these.

Tree in a neighbors yard gone. Saw many if these too.

Another house with shingles blown off.

Here is that same tree I said to pay attention too. Notice the top is now gone. I witnessed this snap off and fall. Crazy!

Lying in the woods now.

The Deerfield River in Wilmington, VT has apparently jumped it's banks. http://www.wcax.com/story/15347599/wilmington-inundated-by-irene-flooding?redirected=true. Our CBS station from Burlington just had the governor on. He said that it appears that a woman in Wilmington has been washed away. Local stations just got interrupted on DishNetwork so I missed the rest of the statement.

The Deerfield River in Wilmington, VT has apparently jumped it's banks. http://www.wcax.com/story/15347599/wilmington-inundated-by-irene-flooding?redirected=true. Our CBS station from Burlington just had the governor on. He said that it appears that a woman in Wilmington has been washed away. Local stations just got interrupted on DishNetwork so I missed the rest of the statement.

Jesus.

wow that is nuts, westport main street, thats all from the river i presume, not even the sound at least directly.

beautiful area, maybe the fanciest town in fairfield county.

No that is from the sound the river forms a southeast facing bay and funnels surge. This pic is along the river but 100 yards from the sound. The heavy rain didn't help the matter though.

minuteman08281102pop_thumb.jpg

Archived