Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12:50 p.m.: A mandatory evacuation has been ordered in Queen Anne's County from the 50/301 split to the Bay Bridge, not including Queenstown. You must be out by noon tomorrow.

please explain ''a mandatory evacuation''......are you saying people must leave their homes ???

please explain ''a mandatory evacuation''......are you saying people must leave their homes ???

That's what it soudns like to me:

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/28988351/detail.html

The Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office has ordered a mandatory evacuation in the county from the Route 50/301 split to the Bay Bridge. It does not include Queenstown.

Residents must be out by noon on Saturday. Church Hill Elementary and Centreville Middle School will be available as shelters.

That's what it soudns like to me:

http://www.wbaltv.co...351/detail.html

The Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office has ordered a mandatory evacuation in the county from the Route 50/301 split to the Bay Bridge. It does not include Queenstown.

Residents must be out by noon on Saturday. Church Hill Elementary and Centreville Middle School will be available as shelters.

As you can see from the Google map, it's a very vulnerable area. Lots of weekend getaway condos for DC/B'more folks.

seems like a lot of predictions are being made on all forms of the media.....if i'm allowed , i'll make mine here ,and i pray i'm right...

i beleive the efects of the storm will not come close to the damage,deaths,flooding predictions being made.... again i hope i'm right...

Put the pipe down.

What time frame does that cover? You should filter out all TS and only include hurricanes. I dont see a Cat 3 1938 Long Island LF on there, so I dont think that map is all inclusive. I do see the tracks of the 1893 and 1903 Cat 1 canes though, as well as what looks like Cat 2 Gloria.

Archived