Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did all this fish and recurve talk come from this morning? I am not seeing evidence of it in the models I've looked at, so can someone please help me out?

i'd guess it's mainly related to the significant shift east over the last 36 hours.. perhaps thinking it could continue

I get the vibe on here

that some mets are offended by amateurs that have a skill level equal to their own arrowheadsmiley.png

without their terminology for every aspect of this system

todays trends

west ...

land interaction and lack of anti-cyclone above should keep things in check

thats all I got

i'd guess it's mainly related to the significant shift east over the last 36 hours.. perhaps thinking it could continue

OK, so it's the typical throwing up of hands way too early in an effort to be able to say, "see? I had this as a fish last Monday when it shifted". Thanks.

Still looks like a worrisome setup for the EC to me...

I'm probably the only one here saying this, but the farther east the track shifts, the better.  Nothing would make me happier than a fish right now.  Evacuations here would be a mess

You're not alone, I always root against a major making landfall. Besides the obvious deaths, injuries, and loss of homes, the last thing our struggling economy needs is significant wealth destruction (the argument that rebuilding provides an economic boost is bunk, it does so locally but is still a net drain of wealth.)

Archived