Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earl was a massive bust here, the wind gusts barely reached tropical storm force and Earl's inner-core disintegrated when it passed the Outer Banks. Your footage shows pretty good wave and swell action though.

That was only a Category 1 hurricane when it passed east of New Jersey, expecting alot more from Irene in terms of impacts.

Earl was a massive bust here, the wind gusts barely reached tropical storm force and Earl's inner-core disintegrated when it passed the Outer Banks. Your footage shows pretty good wave and swell action though.

That was only a Category 1 hurricane when it passed east of New Jersey, expecting alot more from Irene in terms of impacts.

If you're looking for action in NJ, a Myrtle Beach landfall is just what you want.

THERE ISMORE CONFIDENCE IN THE FORECAST SINCE MOST OF THE TRACK MODELS...WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE GFDL...HAVE NOW FOLLOWED THE LEAD OF THEECMWF MODEL. THE GUIDANCE IS NOW IN BETTER AGREEMENT IN TURNINGIRENE NORTHWARD ALONG 78 OR 79 DEGREES LONGITUDE. ALTHOUGH IT ISSTILL TOO EARLY TO BE CERTAIN...THE GUIDANCE TREND CONTINUES TOLESSENS THE THREAT TO SOUTH FLORIDA BUT INCREASES THE THREAT TO THECAROLINAS.

given such a large eastward trend in their forecasts it's hard to believe that the trend is over, but I think when they mention their confidence it's worth believing

I posted an observation about the latest GFS run in the main thread and it got deleted? Really? Not that I care, just pointing out that the mods may be deleting a little too much...

Nobody cares about what you hav to say about the GFS. Betters posters will analyze it.

That's probably true but at least it's relevant to the thread. I thought only off-topic/banter posts were being deleted.

I'm pretty sure most every post that isn't from one of about 10 people is being deleted. Hell, wxwatcher91 posted a map of historical storm tracks and that was deleted, and he's a pro forecaster. I've decided I should probably just steer clear of that thread entirely.

I'm pretty sure most every post that isn't from one of about 10 people is being deleted. Hell, wxwatcher91 posted a map of historical storm tracks and that was deleted, and he's a pro forecaster. I've decided I should probably just steer clear of that thread entirely.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm gonna go over to Jeff Masters' blog and start posting there instead, in addition to this banter thread. Of course I'll still lurk in the main thread, but I guess they really don't want the opinions of anybody less than a very experienced amateur.

Sounds like a good idea, I'm gonna go over to Jeff Masters' blog and start posting there instead, in addition to this banter thread. Of course I'll still lurk in the main thread, but I guess they really don't want the opinions of anybody less than a very experienced amateur.

Yeah his blog is an adventure, but I'm happy with the banter thread...it's where I belong I think. Who knows, maybe one of us will have a few drinks and come up with something insightful.

Archived