Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have TWC on behind me and they actually said "we've never seen a hurricane like this before." I have to agree, I've never seen a storm get chopped in half during the satellite blackout. 2011, the year of the disappearing cyclone.

Yeah, I thought it was a radar gap when the entire SW quadrant just shredded. Put a fork in her. I just hope there will not be complacency for the next big one.

Ironically, Irene was so large it interacted with the high pressure dome over Texas. Rick Perry's hot air probably was the death knell.

Simon Atkins (the anti-Bastardi) graduated with myself Rob Marciano and Kevin Lemanowicz (Fox Boston chief met) wayback in'91. Haven't talked to him n about a decade but iirc he's now a prof or dept chair somewhere out west. Also started a company called AFC. He knows his stuff.

Is it still the hurricane of death and doom for NYC? I don't have access to cable tv at work but sounds like all this hype won't deliver for NYC.

yes..24 hr news coverage. i am in stone harbor, NJ but watching it on tv.

Gov Christi is eating his way through the storm to end all storms.

Live press confernce on currently explaning to stay inside, don't go out to dinner tonight etc

yes..24 hr news coverage. i am in stone harbor, NJ but watching it on tv.

Gov Christi is eating his way through the storm to end all storms.

Live press confernce on currently explaning to stay inside, don't go out to dinner tonight etc

Irene looks nearly identical (satellite presentation) to what Gloria 1985 looked like near NC. To me it is uncanny. Gloria looked like a steaming pile of crap once up into the NJ / NYC area. Will be interesting to see if Irene can hold on and validate at least some of the immense hype this is getting in the tri-state area.

Archived