• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

How long until the misleading news headline "Category 4 Hurricane Irene Heading for the Northeast" without any mention of it weakening before landfall?

Accuweather came close...

Irene to Become Category 4 Hurricane Before Hitting N.C.

Aug 24, 2011; 9:00 PM ET

Strengthening Hurricane Irene remains on a track to strike the North Carolina Outer Banks and New England this weekend.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it when they start running out of ways to say "this thing is dangerous"

Last few advisory headlines...

...DANGEROUS HURRICANE IRENE HITTING THE SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS HARD...

...EYE OF DANGEROUS HURRICANE IRENE MOVING BETWEEN RUM CAY AND LONG ISLAND IN THE BAHAMAS...

...HURRICANE IRENE DANGEROUSLY APPROACHING THE NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS...

I'm throwing this out there and expecting the Westward trends to continue even more. Could even get as far west as a central north carolina strike.

Even on Satellite it appears to be moving west of current projections. (wobbles usually don't look this bad)

It is definitely a wobble, very common during ERC.

Somebody comments land interaction with the Bahamas is weakening Irene, I quote latest VDM and add relevant quote from NHC disco, and whose post gets deleted? Not the one that the Bahamas are weakening Irene...

Welcome to my world, although to be fair my posts probably deserve to be deleted.

Welcome to my world, although to be fair my posts probably deserve to be deleted.

It is some mod being an a-hole. People discussing off hour Nogaps and NAM runs and saying the Bahamas are weakening Irene are ok, but I'm me. People posting SPC MSLP analysis and saying the ridge is stronger than forecast and saying Irene will curve more because of it.

I don't really need to post in the main discussion or model threads, it just cheeses me off when the red taggers and quality posters are crowded by idiots. At least Donald Sutherland is active in the NYC regionnal thread. I don't need to post when I don't have much to add, and there are people who know a lot more, I just wish the mods took out the real trash and didn't play chickensh*t games.

have you ever visited Needham, Massachusetts?

:lol:

Yes..Brunettes are too transparent...maybe blondes do have more fun!!

you ladies are spectacular! :lol:

It is some mod being an a-hole. People discussing off hour Nogaps and NAM runs and saying the Bahamas are weakening Irene are ok, but I'm me. People posting SPC MSLP analysis and saying the ridge is stronger than forecast and saying Irene will curve more because of it.

I don't really need to post in the main discussion or model threads, it just cheeses me off when the red taggers and quality posters are crowded by idiots. At least Donald Sutherland is active in the NYC regionnal thread. I don't need to post when I don't have much to add, and there are people who know a lot more, I just wish the mods took out the real trash and didn't play chickensh*t games.

Ed, if I understood the first half of this post, I'd probably support it.

Hard to take out the trash when there's too much trash to deal with..

We're all frustrated by the idiots, and it discourages some of the mets from posting..

Everyone wants their opinion to be seen, even the dorks..

Mr. Sutherland has the patience of a saint..

:lol:

you ladies are spectacular! :lol:

Ed, if I understood the first half of this post, I'd probably support it.

Hard to take out the trash when there's too much trash to deal with..

We're all frustrated by the idiots, and it discourages some of the mets from posting..

Everyone wants their opinion to be seen, even the dorks..

Mr. Sutherland has the patience of a saint..

+1

Archived