Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is some mod being an a-hole. People discussing off hour Nogaps and NAM runs and saying the Bahamas are weakening Irene are ok, but I'm me. People posting SPC MSLP analysis and saying the ridge is stronger than forecast and saying Irene will curve more because of it.

There is nothing wrong with posting "off" hour model runs. Get over yourself.

Somebody comments land interaction with the Bahamas is weakening Irene, I quote latest VDM and add relevant quote from NHC disco, and whose post gets deleted? Not the one that the Bahamas are weakening Irene...

Ed, your post was moved from the model thread to the live thread.

You know, there are lots of decaffeinated brands out there that are just as tasty as the regular.

There is nothing wrong with posting "off" hour model runs. Get over yourself.

I want to see quality posts, from either the few hobbyist members on this board who know what they are talking about, or the taggers. There is a banter thread, there is Storm2K, there is Wunderground for posting garbage.

BTW, someone who knows what drives the models can make useful commentary about off hour models and why it is showing what it is showing. Some dweeb posting the 6Z 66 hour NAM has the center hitting East Bumfork says nothing, and everyone on the board who wants to know what the 6Z NAM is showing knows the websites where it is posted.

This isn't a 3-6 inch snowfall for interior New England, this is potentially a really big storm, and it'd be nice to be able to read model threads not full of complete amateurs rushing to be first to give the 42 hour whatever model position. Nor does it need people saying the Bahamas are really weakening Irene.

I'm as goofy as all get out in OT threads. I'm not on any high horse or full of myself, but for main model threads and main commentary threads, it'd be nice if they were idiot free.

Ed, your post was moved from the model thread to the live thread.

You know, there are lots of decaffeinated brands out there that are just as tasty as the regular.

Sugar Free Red Bull.

Sorry, I am doing monthly production reports. Need the caffeine. Too bad they de-cocanize the coca leaves in Coca-Cola now.

I want to see quality posts, from either the few hobbyist members on this board who know what they are talking about, or the taggers. There is a banter thread, there is Storm2K, there is Wunderground for posting garbage.

BTW, someone who knows what drives the models can make useful commentary about off hour models and why it is showing what it is showing. Some dweeb posting the 6Z 66 hour NAM has the center hitting East Bumfork says nothing, and everyone on the board who wants to know what the 6Z NAM is showing knows the websites where it is posted.

This isn't a 3-6 inch snowfall for interior New England, this is potentially a really big storm, and it'd be nice to be able to read model threads not full of complete amateurs rushing to be first to give the 42 hour whatever model position. Nor does it need people saying the Bahamas are really weakening Irene.

I'm as goofy as all get out in OT threads. I'm not on any high horse or full of myself, but for main model threads and main commentary threads, it'd be nice if they were idiot free.

That is fair.

I just want to give a bit of a shout out to the NAM, not regarding track or intensity, but showing the structure becoming a complete mess on the sim radar time after time despite well organized initializations. Runs up through yesterday morning had shown a well organized core for an extended period of time, however from the past 4 runs now, while they started with a well organized core initially, shows the core becoming a mess with time, particularly on the South and West sides. This is exactly the issue that we have seen with Irene since it's lost it's organization

A couple examples, both coming off a solid eyewall and clear eye for initialization, probably would look like this sooner if they initialized closer to what Irene is structure wise.

nam_ref_030m.gif

25/6z 12 hours

nam_ref_012m.gif

25/6Z 18 hours

nam_ref_018m.gif

Archived