Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're not alone, I always root against a major making landfall. Besides the obvious deaths, injuries, and loss of homes, the last thing our struggling economy needs is significant wealth destruction (the argument that rebuilding provides an economic boost is bunk, it does so locally but is still a net drain of wealth.)

The greatest thing to EVER, EVER happen to Myrtle Beach was Hurricane Hugo.

I get the vibe on here

that some mets are offended by amateurs that have a skill level equal to their own arrowheadsmiley.png

without their terminology for every aspect of this system

todays trends

west ...

land interaction and lack of anti-cyclone above should keep things in check

thats all I got

who are these skilled amateurs?

I get the vibe on here

that some mets are offended by amateurs that have a skill level equal to their own arrowheadsmiley.png

without their terminology for every aspect of this system

todays trends

west ...

land interaction and lack of anti-cyclone above should keep things in check

thats all I got

you're terrible and should stop posting

canetalk.com

Chris in Tampa

is Christopher Hollis

who is an

amateur weather enthusiast

Owner and Designer of

http://tropicalatlantic.com/

where some of the best recon and model map data resides

imho of course

certain posters like don s get full respect of all the mets I've seen.. it may take a few more contributions vs. a red tagger but a non-met can certainly get a good rep around here.

Someone needs to speak the truth around here. If we aren't allowed to tell weenies that they are actually terrible, they start making posts implying that they know as much as the mets.

I agree, but it's not a bad thing to post someone else's thoughts. Members do it with JB and DT all of the time. It wasn't the best post in the world but at least it was in the banter thread....lol.

canetalk.com

Chris in Tampa

is Christopher Hollis

who is an

amateur weather enthusiast

Owner and Designer of

http://tropicalatlantic.com/

where some of the best recon and model map data resides

imho of course

There are a few things you should know about this site, which remains in perpetual beta testing...

While this site attempts to provide or link you to the latest data, please understand that it may not always be the latest information. Even the date of a product can be wrong. The only place you can find reliable information is from the National Hurricane Center.

Do not assume that because we present one site before another that we are implying that one site has better information than another. The owner of this site is not a weather professional and cannot make that determination. Many of the sites we link you to are products that are used by weather professionals. This means that most of the products are not designed to be disseminated to the public. Do not consider them as official products.

For all official Atlantic hurricane information, refer to the National Hurricane Center.

DO NOT RELY ON ANY UNOFFICIAL SOURCES IN LIFE OR DEATH DECISIONS.

By using this site, you agree that we are in no way responsible for the decisions you make based on the information you find on this site and the sites we link you to. If you do not agree to this, you cannot use this site.

Archived