Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Hurricane Irene Banter Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see nothin wrong with lol material in a thread created to steer these sort of posts away from the main tracking/discussion thread. I just found it funny the locals hatin on folks like me who pumP the local economy! :). Any strike down that way would be a disaster...Carolina beach is lovely too. Went there as a kid. Very scenic and post card like. Oh what's that? It's a pelican. With lunch. Norman Rockwell couldn't have painted a more Americana

Picture

At the moment, it appears that Irene's circulation is being affected by dry air to its West, and the landmass of Hispaniola. The last few frames on IR show Covection waning on the storms south side, and visible Satelite reveals a westward motion as opposed to the WNorthwest movement earlier this morning. Models might be jumping the gun on a recurve and New England landfall, as the storm might weaken and take a track closer to Florida or Georgia. Based on the latest trends, I would expect the models to jump on a Georgia/North Carolina landfall at 18 and 00z, but things could always change.

Hey, if this (mostly) crap works for you, knock yourself out...

Pretty much.

I, for one, live or die by the d+5 global operationals.

Sorry, I thought this was a banter thread..as the title suggests(weenie fantasies) as well as the original post starting the thread.

I guess then there should be a 'Irene crap talk banter' thread as well? Again, with regional subforums suggested, with a main thread, a chase thread, and all...I thought a banter thread was the crap talk thread.

I really wish more people would start attaching/hosting their images...going back and looking at these threads a year later, half the images will be gone.

either that or use a secondary site to host all their images... like tinypic.com

I've used it for the last 4 or so years, and it has still kept all of my images, its a great site and its owned by photobucket.

Sorry, I thought this was a banter thread..as the title suggests(weenie fantasies) as well as the original post starting the thread.

I guess then there should be a 'Irene crap talk banter' thread as well? Again, with regional subforums suggested, with a main thread, a chase thread, and all...I thought a banter thread was the crap talk thread.

Banter thread is serious business.

I really wish more people would start attaching/hosting their images...going back and looking at these threads a year later, half the images will be gone.

I went to look up some old model runs on Eastern the other day... went through 40 pages without finding ONE archived run image. Everything had been hot-linked. That's bull.

Just because I *could* sh*t all over the bathroom, doesn't mean I have to. I could just use the toilet. Ya dig?

Perhaps the banter thread was intended for less informed users to share their opinion about the storm in order to correct their mistakes and false assumptions without cluttering the main, meteorology thread with repetitive posts and falsehoods. However, the subject matter should not deviate so far away from the topic of the thread, Irene.

At the moment, it appears that Irene's circulation is being affected by dry air to its West, and the landmass of Hispaniola. The last few frames on IR show Covection waning on the storms south side, and visible Satelite reveals a westward motion as opposed to the WNorthwest movement earlier this morning. Models might be jumping the gun on a recurve and New England landfall, as the storm might weaken and take a track closer to Florida or Georgia. Based on the latest trends, I would expect the models to jump on a Georgia/North Carolina landfall at 18 and 00z, but things could always change.

there is no real evidence that it is weakening and it has a sick new hot tower

Just because I *could* sh*t all over the bathroom, doesn't mean I have to. I could just use the toilet. Ya dig?

ok...I have the interest in this storm, but not the training or knowledge that most of the posters here have, and am not familiar with what is considered meteorological 'sh*t'..so what are the basic guidelines in a hurricane 'banter' thread... Was a question about what if any ways this could a/e(cannot remember which one is correct right now..sigh)ffect Haiti 'sh*t'?

You shot all over the bathroom? :unsure:

See? I knew we needed a real crap thread! :arrowhead: [unneeded/unwanted info] and I do have the runs this afternoon![/unneeded/unwanted info].

Amen! I was just back home in Pawleys Island for two weeks and the Yankees have almost completely taken over the Grand Strand. One alarming observation was the erosion on Litchfield and Pawleys beaches, very good dune system in Litchfield, not as extensive in Pawleys but any prolonged southerly or se wind would really hurt the dunes there, cant speak for Myrtle dont venture up that way but from past experience the Dune system up that way is minimal at best along the heavily built up stretches. Seriously considering heading back down to chase this, and help out with my Mom if this does threaten, lets hope it does not.

dunes are extensive in the litchfield area; however the water reaches them during a max high tide(it did when i was there last month)...a major hurricane would push the water well above those dunes imo.

Yes, on its northeast side. I think its southern convection looks rather ragged right now, which could cause the system to weaken or stay in check for the time being.

http://www.ssd.noaa....t2/loop-wv.html

it could...but given that it has been strengthening for over 24 hours at a fairly consistent pace leads me to believe that we should default towards the idea that it will continue.

Yes, on its northeast side. I think its southern convection looks rather ragged right now, which could cause the system to weaken or stay in check for the time being.

http://www.ssd.noaa....t2/loop-wv.html

Rapid-Scan loop of the new convection. I'm beginning to wonder if the Bahamas will cease to exist.

http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/get-goes?satellite=GOES-E%20CONUS&lat=20&lon=-69&info=vis&zoom=1&width=1024&height=768&type=Animation&quality=90&numframes=25&map=latlon

This is taking one of the most worrisome tracks for Southeast Florida, just north of the islands. Hopefully the trough kicks it out like currently forecasted, which is more likely the stronger it gets.

Tonight Hispaniola may give it more problems than people think though, half the circulation will be getting torn up by the mountains. Hispaniola can pull the circulation inland as well due to frictional convergence. That may actually be bad for South Florida since that'll make it go more south as it passes Hispaniola, and then go further west due to being weaker.

Understood...

then should all members in this forum be informed before using

any data from the site???

or do they need a personal forecast disclaimer???

his recon info is posted daily in the forums

I guess Kush's vibe is the official vibe of Amercianwx forums

apologize for stopping by

tom e

I was just pointing out that weather professionals > amateurs, like your favorite site says.

Tonight Hispaniola may give it more problems than people think though, half the circulation will be getting torn up by the mountains. Hispaniola can pull the circulation inland as well due to frictional convergence. That may actually be bad for South Florida since that'll make it go more south as it passes Hispaniola, and then go further west due to being weaker.

Can I make fun of you when this prediction horribly busts?

Archived