Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post a recent picture of yourself

LithiaWx

• 2 weeks later...

Okay in honor of Mark completing his first Tough Mudder here is a pic of me just after doing my first last October. I'm calling you out Mark where is your pic????? I want to see some orange headband!

Nice. It was so cold after we got done it was a rush to change clothes (wind was around 20mph with gusts to 35MPH), the only pic we got was a group shot from TM right after my team completed the course (I do not have that yet). Start temp at 9am was around 42. It was 39 when at 12:15 when we got done. But here is my Monday Morning Mudder Pic!

That was one of the best beer ever man!!

post-501-0-53780800-1329158725.jpg

Nice. It was so cold after we got done it was a rush to change clothes (wind was around 20mph with gusts to 35MPH), the only pic we got was a group shot from TM right after my team completed the course (I do not have that yet). But here is my Monday Morning Mudder Pic!

That was one of the best beer ever man!!

post-501-0-53780800-1329158725.jpg

Hey it was 34 degrees when I took that pic of me! But..... the wind wasn't blowing so I'll give you a pass. Great Monday after pic, so are you going to do the one in SC in October? I've got 1 guy to agree to do it with me so I just need a few more to be able to put a team in.

We had the cliff dive, dong dangler, Everest, twinkle toes, and the electroshock all in the last mile. That was brutal. I was spent just after helping folks up Everest. No one wanted to fall in during twinkle toes, so everyone was going on their asses across the beam. Stood in the wind for a good 10 mins and it about killed me (shock was less than 500' away) but I ran across the beam!!. My body did not stop shaking for about 2 hours after we were done. The wind was killer man. Hoping to pull down some good pics from their site...

I need to commit to SC in the next few weeks If I plan to go. but damn the $$ is costs man!

Hey it was 34 degrees when I took that pic of me! But..... the wind wasn't blowing so I'll give you a pass. Great Monday after pic, so are you going to do the one in SC in October? I've got 1 guy to agree to do it with me so I just need a few more to be able to put a team in.

We had the cliff dive, dong dangler, Everest, twinkle toes, and the electroshock all in the last mile. That was brutal. I was spent just after helping folks up Everest. No one wanted to fall in during twinkle toes, so everyone was going on their asses across the beam. Stood in the wind for a good 10 mins and it about killed me (shock was less than 500' away) but I ran across the beam!!. My body did not stop shaking for about 2 hours after we were done. The wind was killer man. Hoping to pull down some good pics from their site...

I need to commit to SC in the next few weeks If I plan to go. but damn the $$ is costs man!

No joke.... I keep telling myself that at least part of it goes to a good cause but yeah it is a ton of money. No worries if you want to pass. We didn't have the cliff dive at VA. The dong dangler was about an hour into my race and then there was water obstacles spaced out enough to basically keep you wet the entire run.

What was the mystery obstacle?

No joke.... I keep telling myself that at least part of it goes to a good cause but yeah it is a ton of money. No worries if you want to pass. We didn't have the cliff dive at VA. The dong dangler was about an hour into my race and then there was water obstacles spaced out enough to basically keep you wet the entire run.

What was the mystery obstacle?

Hanging tough. Rouge fitness straps with rings tied to the ends. Had to swing over the water. I made it about 3 in before I fell. At work some no you tube. More than 60% of the course was in the woods (no wind) but damn if the wind was not howling out of the woods. Old man winter was F'ing pissed off Saturday :)

I will let you know if Im down man!

• 2 weeks later...

What do you do there?

I am a partner in a frozen desert company. My primary responsibility is to insure that the employees are doing their part and that my investment is safe. My day consists of stopping by the warehouse at random times throughout the day to make sure things are running smoothly which takes a total of about two hours out of my day. Filipinos are very hard workers and the job market is so competitive that you really do not have to worry to much about the job being done efficiently. The rest of the time is spent doing whatever. There is another partner back in NC and we kind of work in shifts. Very long shifts. lol I was planning on coming back in May, but have decided to take his Summer shift so that I can be back home next Winter. The only thing I miss back home besides family and friends is the variety of weather. 98% of the time here it is Mostly Sunny and upper 80's by day and rain every evening. Outside of the Typhoon that hit Mindanao back in December, very little exciting weather wise has occurred. There are minor earthquakes from time to time that can be a little unnerving though.

I am a partner in a frozen desert company. My primary responsibility is to insure that the employees are doing their part and that my investment is safe. My day consists of stopping by the warehouse at random times throughout the day to make sure things are running smoothly which takes a total of about two hours out of my day. Filipinos are very hard workers and the job market is so competitive that you really do not have to worry to much about the job being done efficiently. The rest of the time is spent doing whatever. There is another partner back in NC and we kind of work in shifts. Very long shifts. lol I was planning on coming back in May, but have decided to take his Summer shift so that I can be back home next Winter. The only thing I miss back home besides family and friends is the variety of weather. 98% of the time here it is Mostly Sunny and upper 80's by day and rain every evening. Outside of the Typhoon that hit Mindanao back in December, very little exciting weather wise has occurred. There are minor earthquakes from time to time that can be a little unnerving though.

You still have one of the coolest jobs on the board, though I'm sure you like being back home with family and friends. Always jealous when you post about your job!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a recent one of me dressed in my work clothes. I work at the Advance Auto Parts on West Franklin Blvd. as the person who works on the inventory and unloading products from the truck. You can see my bushes already covered with a bunch of yellow flowers, and these don't usually appear until later this month around here (started growing during the last few days of February):

w6s2vc.jpg

Another one. Close up with my recent hair cut, which I much rather prefer this style over how I usually look before it's shortened:

hni0020j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a recent one of me dressed in my work clothes. I work at the Advance Auto Parts on West Franklin Blvd. as the person who works on the inventory and unloading products from the truck. You can see my bushes already covered with a bunch of yellow flowers, and these don't usually appear until later this month around here (started growing during the last few days of February):

Another one. Close up with my recent hair cut, which I much rather prefer this style over how I usually look before it's shortened:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They've been blooming here the last few weeks too...the bartlett pear trees are in full bloom in town...mine's about ready to bust open with blooms, roses have come back, the tulips and day lilies are coming back faster this year than last too....

• Wow locked this topic
  • jburns unlocked this topic