Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SC/NC/TN/VA Clipper Storm Obs

phil882

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great diso/obs. Probably not the best place to post. But looks like a JB speacil on the 18z gfs. Next weekend if this verifies will be bigger than last years pre Christmas speacil. The next frame buriies the NE/MA. Fun Times ahead.

gfs_pcp_204s.gif

Thats a monster, looks like some major phasing going on there. The weird thing is were it came from :lol:

An FYI for those who thought the NAM was too wet including myself.. RDU came in with a 6 hour precip of 0.26 in of liquid. Sometimes, ASOS units have a difficult time with snow but I would believe this number being that they have a human observer and im sure they augment the METARs

the NAM was way too warm on sfc temps here and most of central NC I think. congrats to all the folks who saw some nice snow today. I enjoyed my predawn sleet, wasn't really expecting anything here. Now comes the cold for a few days.

The pattern relaxes late week but I think there will be another development shortly after, maybe the weekend possibly. Too far out to say about what type.

the NAM was way too warm on sfc temps here and most of central NC I think. congrats to all the folks who saw some nice snow today. I enjoyed my predawn sleet, wasn't really expecting anything here. Now comes the cold for a few days.

The pattern relaxes late week but I think there will be another development shortly after, maybe the weekend possibly. Too far out to say about what type.

don't start teasing me

Congratulations man! You would not believe how close that looks like my wife and we have a 9 month old daughter. My wife glanced at it and asked when did I post the picture then she looked closer and saw it wasn't her. Great picture! Hopefully more to come in future

That's amazing. Thanks Powerstroke!

It seems like the NC rain-snow line has been particularly oriented in a north-south manner over the last five or six winters, such that the Outer Banks and Greenville or more likely to see snow than Shelby, Tryon, Gastonia, Charlotte, Wadesboro, Rockingham, Fayetteville, or Southern Pines. We are in a U.S. 64 transition pattern yet again. There are times when the snow seasons are much more east-west and elevation oriented so that Charlotte is more likely to see snow than Rocky Mount-Wilson or even Raleigh, but it has been a while since that was the case.

58087844-04160530-400225.jpeg

Ended up with right at 3". Still some light snow falling even though it is not detected on radar. It would be nice if one of those heavier bands in SW VA would drift a little further South, might could add a little bit more before all is said and done..

I haven't really gotten anything much more than what I got this afternoon. So I've got around 1-2" (I'd have to go measure later tonight). The snow earlier in the day was beautiful, though! It appears that you all have gotten more snow throughout the night while it's been mostly flurries here, if anything is falling.

What a great way to start out winter! I hope we can get a biggie sometime this winter, though! Snowman.gif

Looks like from the radar a lot of the snow is drifting further and further closer to my direction. I expect it will snow again here tonight for a while. Someone correct me if I have some reason to be wrong in thinking that

A lot of that is still over the mountains. Some of that will be lost due to down-sloping. As the storm forms off the coast we (I-40) could see an up-swing in precip coverage around mid-night (not sure how far west). But with this system anything is possible...

A lot of that is still over the mountains. Some of that will be lost due to down-sloping. As the storm forms off the coast we (I-40) could see an up-swing in precip coverage around mid-night (not sure how far west). But with this system anything is possible...

Thank you for the answer... I figured it would be due to the mountains if something were to be different about that... Hopefully some of it manages to make its way here

Archived